Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ottlites >

Ottlites

Ottlites

Old 10-03-2011, 11:26 AM

They're worth the money. Gives daylight light. Easier to see by.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:38 AM

They are great! They make fabrics show up as if they are in the sunlight, of true color. My husband, an organist, uses one all the time; every note shows clearly. Watch Michael's for a sale. I got my last one for a fraction of the real price. Enjoy.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:00 PM

I have several (all bought on sale) and love them, but now that they are also making bulbs for regular lamps, I am just buying the bulbs.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:07 PM

I really have grown to like mine! I have a clip-on one, it also came with a detachable magnifying glass. I have it set where it does not directly shine on me, but only on the project I am working on. I have Lupus, and have to be careful of certain types of lighting...I have to say that it does make a huge difference when I am doing close up work.
Kif
Old 10-03-2011, 12:25 PM

I have the floor model and a generic fold up table model that I love. HOWEVER, I bought the battery powered Ott light at Joann's and am very disappointed. It takes overnight to recharge it and then I'm lucky to get 2 hours of light before I have to recharge again. It can be used with electricity, but I wanted to use it when I was at my quilting group without running an electric cord to a wall socket.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:45 PM

I have 5 and love them. I watch coupons for Joann's and Hobby Lobby for the bulbs. The lights are so much easier on my eyes and don't generate as much heat as a regular lamp.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:56 PM

I have a desk top/convertible to desk clamp on Ott-lite with a long neck. I have really enjoyed it for the past year and a half.

However about a month ago the transformer started overheating and the lamp would turn off itself off.
I'd have to wait for it to cool off before it would turn back on.

Fearing risk of fire/electrocution or other harm, I've discontinued using the lamp.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:06 PM
cyd

They are terrific and the bulbs are very longlasting. Using a coupon to buy makes it an even better deal. I doubt you would be disappointed.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sew 'N Sew
I'm considering purchasing an Ottlite -- are they worth the money? Do you have one and like/dislike it? Thanks for your input as always.
I have an Ott light, but I like the stick on light that attaches to my machine, better. I have one of the expensive ones and it droops down. I also have a Dritz that I got at JoAnn's with my coup for under 10 dollars and I love it. It uses 3 AAA batteries. I also have a Daylight floor lamp that I love for hand sewing and Knitting.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:45 PM

I have two and use them both!