Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ottlites >

Ottlites

Ottlites

Old 10-03-2011, 02:01 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I have so many Yes they are great . I have new ones still in the box when the old ones go bad. The newest is the small clip that opens like a cell phone. They have them at JoAnns. I did not like the long one that was battery powered as it was top heavy and tipped over easily. But I carry the small clip one on my bus it is great. I have 3 floor models that are around the house in different locations. I carry the clam shell one in my sewing tote bag with the standard quilting supplies. It goes with me every class or retreat. I will continue to buy them as they improve. My husband loved my cell phone type I had to buy him one.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:51 PM

I have an older tabletop model and do like it
Old 10-03-2011, 03:09 PM

I have four plus a table top version that I use for bead weaving. They are worth every cent. I'd be lost without them.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:49 PM

I have the small for my cutting table and I love it.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:52 PM

i have the knock off version frm herrshners... works great & 49.99 + shipping beats the heck out of what they want for an ottlite... i was looing @ lowes for bulbs for something else... ottlite bulb 6.95 for single one.. lowes brand "natural daylite bulb" 4 for$11.95.. i hate to pay for a brand name.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:37 PM

I have 3 2 floor lamps and 1 portable, love them they are bright but they don't fry your brain
Old 10-03-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sew 'N Sew
I'm considering purchasing an Ottlite -- are they worth the money? Do you have one and like/dislike it? Thanks for your input as always.
If someone wants my Ottlite, they will have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

For me, it is totally worth it. Particularly now that the fall equinox has gone and there is more dark than light in the day.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 PM

I have been using them for years. I love them. I always use a coupon when I buy replacement parts. As my eyes get older I appreciate Ott lights more and more.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:02 PM

Ott lights are great! But check around for sales. I got one floor lamp style from Joann's through their Black Friday online sales. It was dirt cheap. My husband just picked up another floor lamp ott on clearance at Lowe's. Michael's was my table lamp style with a 40% off coupon.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 PM

There may be other choices out there, but I won't trade my table Ottlite for anything. I take it with me to quilt club when we have sewing nite and use it for paperwork. My eyes never hurt or burn after many hours like most other lites do. My husband actually gave it to me for Christmas about eight years ago and never have had to change the bulb yet.