Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pattern Idea, what do you think?

J.C. There are patterns out there for this type of book,They are called quiet books.I have made several for an altimeters ward as they entertain with-out making a lot of noise and irritating the user.Have also made some for children. :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GloBug
    J.C. There are patterns out there for this type of book,They are called quiet books.I have made several for an altimeters ward as they entertain with-out making a lot of noise and irritating the user.Have also made some for children. :)
    I have seen one book that is out of print and several blogs with home made ones but only one set of real instructions. There are thousands of quilt patterns and new ones keep being published and sold.. so, the question is .. is there room for one more pattern in the market place?

There is always room for more patterns.

Go for it. Otherwise you will always wonder about the "What if..". Best of fun and luck on your adventure.

Blog Entries
    Go as far as you can with this idea.

Don't forget over, under, into, and other such position words. Children often arrive at school with no idea what those words mean.

Blog Entries
    I love kids books.. Read to my grands all the time.. Educational books are a great idea!!

I was wondering if the books, say the raindrops into the glass, would have loose parts? I know for sure they might be eaten or stuffed into something (like a nose) or just lost of they were loose.. Loose raindrops would end up everywhere but in the empty glass.. something to consider.

[quote=JCquilts]One with rain drops. It would start with the word Empty and a glass, go through the numbers and end with Full. I would include ten little rain drops and a glass made from clear vinyl on the last page as an activity.. They could remove the ten little rain drops, then put them back in.
    /quote]

Great ideas but this one maybe a problem for little kids because the small pieces (rain drops) could be swallowed and I'm sure you wouldn't want that to happen. A child safety thing.

I would buy the pattern. I would probably turn it into a baby quilt. That's what I have done with the printed panels.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice Thompson
    I would buy the pattern. I would probably turn it into a baby quilt. That's what I have done with the printed panels.
    That is another area to consinder.. I will add an acitivity quilt to the mix..if you dont mind me using your idea.

Banned
    [quote=seasaw2mch]
    Quote Originally Posted by JCquilts
    One with rain drops. It would start with the word Empty and a glass, go through the numbers and end with Full. I would include ten little rain drops and a glass made from clear vinyl on the last page as an activity.. They could remove the ten little rain drops, then put them back in.
    /quote]

Great ideas but this one maybe a problem for little kids because the small pieces (rain drops) could be swallowed and I'm sure you wouldn't want that to happen. A child safety thing.
    Im sorry, I didnt get really detailed in my description, but my intent was to attach the raindrops to a ribbon or string, so they cant get away..also to make them about an inch or inch 1/2 with numbers on each one, and make them out of fabric.

Great comments everyone,

Thank you all for your support..I will get started on these right away

JC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas
    Don't forget over, under, into, and other such position words. Children often arrive at school with no idea what those words mean.
    Thank you for the additional words.. Ill add them to the list..

:thumbup: I agree...go for it!! :idea:

That is the type item preschool teachers love because a child can do it independently or with a friend. It teaches vocabulary and concepts. Parents who realize the importance of this would be part of your market (along with grandparents). As for the teachers it would depend on 1. if they sew and 2. If they have the time.

Blog Entries
    Make them for your own use, and mail a copy of the pattern to your self, but DO NOT open it when it comes. That is what they call a 'poor man's copyright'. Once you have done that, then sell the pattern (on etsy?)to support your habit. Have fun, they sound cute.

Power Poster
    Yes I think it is something you should try. People love easy things to make and something unique for the kids.

Sounds like a great idea. I would make something like that for my grandkids.

Raindrops: Several years ago I free style a raindrop on a washcloth. The Raindrop had eyes and a smile. You could put a number on it too. Just an idea.

/\
    / \
    / @ @ \
    / <____> \
    / /
    \________/

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think they would sale, as parents are always looking for new learning tools, and they would make great gifts to little ones too. God bless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2