Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Picking your own stash? >

Picking your own stash?

Picking your own stash?

Old 05-21-2011, 04:46 AM

Both beautiful. I am working at present from stash only. Not becuz of prices so much but I have so much 'stuff' and I want to use it to make room for more.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:09 AM

Very inspiring challenge, especially when I see your beautiful quilts. I'm up for it. It will also force me to work on color coordinating which is a good thing.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

Love both of those quilts and would love to see a bigger pic of Elizabeth!

I am trying to use more of my stash..the problem is that my stash is mostly small pieces/scraps. I don't have much yardage at all and for some things, that makes it harder to work with. I'm trying though...I really can't buy more because I simply don't have anywhere to put it!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK
I love your quilt. I see coffee mugs for some reason.
That's so funny! When I glance at it I see tea pots, but then when I examine it more closely, I can't find them. I guess great minds hallucinate alike!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:33 AM

The quilt is beautiful!! That is what I am doing this year....cleaning out my stash :-D
Old 05-21-2011, 07:21 AM

Once I foolishly declared that I was not going to buy any more fabric until I had used up (most of) my stash. I've been pretty faithful to this pledge, but I do sometimes buy remnants, and occassionally a binding or back for a finished project.

My problem is storage. I really do need to work down what I already own.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:35 AM

I have been using my stash and I am amazed at the fabric I have and what I am willing to put together. So far so good. What happens when you only have ugly fabric left?
Old 05-21-2011, 07:53 AM

Due to finances, I haven't been able to buy fabric for probably close to a year....BUT I have had friends give me a lot of fabric, so much so that I shared the wealth with a friend who sews for her 4 daughters and herself. I have even been gifted with a lot of batting . And I haven't slowed my quilting down one little bit! I made 18 water bottle carriers for our Mexico mission team last month and bought NOTHING---it all came from my stash!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:53 AM

Good idea.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:58 AM

I have been no buy since Dec. 28 last year. My son bet me $100.00 I couldn't go no buy until June 6th which is my birthday. Just a few more days to go. Yeah. The deal was though, that if I did buy any fabric I had to pay him $300.00 and no way am I going to do that. It has felt good to not buy. I have so much fabric it isn't funny.
Right now I am into making scrap quilts. Haven't really touched my yeardage for ages except for backing. Oh, we did two workshops at the guild last weekend and I used from my stash for both projects. Felt good and the colors even worked out ok. One was quiilt as you go and the other was the Chinese puzzle.