Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Price for Craft Show Booth??? >

Price for Craft Show Booth???

Price for Craft Show Booth???

Old 08-14-2011, 05:51 AM

I will be in a show this Nov and it costs $60 for a booth. It comes with 1 table & would be $10 for an additional table. So, it is pretty much the same cost. You are allowed to bring your own table or displays, and I'm bringing another table. I'm doing this with a friend & so my cost was $30 for my part of the rental. Maybe you should consider going in with a friend. This will be my first craft festival/show & I'm nervous. I worry that in this economy my things might not sell, but then I am the type that seems to worry. Good luck on your show!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:53 AM

you should borrow the tables from church or a friend to help keep cost down. I don't sell at events but sometimes work at service organization booths and we usually can borrow the equipment -- table(s) and chairs with little effort. Good luck. I hope you sell lots!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:55 AM

It depends on the craft show. Higher end shows and established shows draw more people so $50 does not seem too high. Check to see how many vendors are coming and where they are from. Good shows will draw vendors from out of the area. On the other hand, for smaller or more local shows $50 sound too high. If you have never done a show then do not get expectations too high. It can be very dissapointing to keep hearing how "cute " your stuff is but no one buys it. Also you can make only 1-2 of each item so you do not have too much invested in product. Label them last one and hope it it grabbed up. Go to the show to enjoy the experience and have fun!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Gee Hope
Originally Posted by Glassquilt
Consider it a learning experience.
You may need someone to man the booth for personal breaks. If you're lucky your neighbor will be willing to do so. If not...
Have food/snacks you can eat that can be picked up & put down if you're interrupted.
Keep good records in case a there's a tax person wondering the hall.
I wondered about the taxes on items we sell. I am not sure where to look for information that I can understand. Any suggestions/info???? Thank you.
For a one time thing, don't worry about going through the whole business license/tax id hoopla. Keep records of what you sell, what it cost to make the items and the booth cost, meals while at the sale, gas to get to the sale, EVERY expense, and simply report the profit on your year end tax return.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by hobo2000
My friend and I do the Christmas shoe outside of DC AND It's $295. We always make around $1000. Per show with just lap quilts, no biggies, and wall quilts.
I will be putting in a few lap quilts when I do my Christmas Festival. I know that DC is a much more expensive area than where I live, but I'm curious as to how you price your lap quilt?
Old 08-14-2011, 06:07 AM

If you are itching to do a craft show, I think you should give it a try. $50.00 is about the normal rate in our area.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:33 AM

That's usually the price that my daughter pays for a booth at the shows she attends.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gee Hope
I wondered about the taxes on items we sell. I am not sure where to look for information that I can understand. Any suggestions/info???? Thank you.
Most of the time, when there are “Tax People” at Craft shows or Quilt Shows, they’re interested in State and Local Sales Tax collection, more than Income Tax. Check with your Craft Show Organizers on how to handle the Sales Tax requirements for their event.

Most of the shows that we participate in will provide the form necessary for those Vendors without Sales Tax Permits to submit their Sales Tax after the event, for sales at that event only, for a one-time tax submission. For those with permits, they submit your Sales Tax Permit number to the Tax Commission, allowing permit holders to submit the Sales Tax for the sales at the event on their normal schedule.

Most shows submit Vendor names, addresses, and/or Sales Tax Permit numbers to their tax people to comply with state regulations governing event organizers.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 08-14-2011, 07:30 AM

I hope you can make a profit. Do you have business cards that you can offer? Those may turn into sales or special orders later. Is is possible to share your tables with a friend? It seems as though folks like to enter booths that are well-stocked and have variety, and it would cut the cost in half.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

That is a good price. Buy their tables. It will be a lot less hassle.