Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Price for Craft Show Booth??? >

Price for Craft Show Booth???

Price for Craft Show Booth???

Old 08-14-2011, 08:03 AM

Average price here is $50.00 and goes up. Small new fairs are lower price, but so are your sales.

have enough items priced arpung the $10.00 mark to try to at least cover the table cost.
I did a fair July 4th, sold nothing! It was the first time for the fair, but I will pass next time.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:20 AM

I would say that it is reasonable
Old 08-14-2011, 08:29 AM

We used to do craft shows several years ago. It really depends on the venue. Some places we did really well others not so much. $50 to $100 was average cost for a 10x10 space. We finally gave up on the craft shows because people don't want to pay for your time. Then we just did art shows. We were selling woodworking items - everything from pens to clocks to intarsia (pictures made from different woods).
Old 08-14-2011, 08:38 AM

i think that is a reasonable price for a booth....at the bigger shows it is $100...perhaps you can ask some friends, neighbors, church, etc for the use of a table or two for the day(s).....good luck...
Old 08-14-2011, 08:56 AM

I've paid up to $120 for a 10 x10 ft. space, with electricity available, for display and cash register. As long as your return satisfies you, it depends on where you're located or what you have to sell.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:04 AM

I do a couple of craft shows a year. I never go over $25.00 You have to shop around but I like smaller shows. The bigger the show, the more the dollar gets cut up. People come usually with a set amount of money to spend and if it's a small show, you stand a better chance of getting your part of their dollar. Just my opion, but it works for me.Your husband is right, look how hard you worked to make that $50.00 nd with the economy the way it is, I am even questioning going into the 2 I usually do, as people are not spending their dollars at a craft show.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:28 AM

There is a festival held here every October. A 3 day event, 10x10 booth with electricity, is $350. I don't think your fair rates are unreasonable.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:01 AM

Google "sales tax rate, town, state".

I was referring to sales tax. Some of the really large shows here require each booth to use cash registers for all sales to keep track. Smaller shows are not that strict.

True story from a customer about a show that had a sales-tax person present to collect the money. When she realized that she would be at the beginning of his rounds, she went to her booth-neighbors and exchanged her paper money for coins. She had her whole days take was coins. Revenuer came by, looked at her paperwork and asked for the sales tax. So she started counting it out. He couldn't leave without the money and by the time she was done, most of her neighbors had packed up and left. :)
Old 08-14-2011, 10:46 AM

Our VFW Auxiliary has a craft fair in the fall. We charge $40 for about the same size space you are talking about. We supply the table. The fair runs Friday and Saturday.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
I'm thinking about having a booth at a local craft fair in October. It's a 10x10 booth and the price is $50. If I want to borrow their tables, it's $10 per table. My husband thinks $50 is alot for a booth and pointed out I would have to sell quite a bit to make a profit with that kind of overhead. However, since things aren't really selling on artfire, I figure it's worth a shot to try and sell some things. Is $50 a reasonable price for the space and is it worth it to pay for their tables? I don't have any tables of my own but a friend says she has a couple which fold in the middle that I could borrow. I'm just trying to think of how much of a pain it will be to carry everything in.

Thanks for your suggestions! :)
Do you know anyone who has tried to sell items at this particular craft fair in past years? We have a large arts and crafts event in the town where I live each fall and lots of people come with lots of things to sell, but I have never seen anyone leave the grounds with anything in a sack. They are more likely to pick something up, examine it and say, "Oh, I could make that at home." Check with someone who has been there before to get a feel for the market.
froggyintexas