Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Our most embarrassing/funniest mistakes while quilting/sewing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/our-most-embarrassing-funniest-mistakes-while-quilting-sewing-t205595.html)

DOTTYMO 11-11-2012 05:09 AM

My dumb moments was machine quilting in cream on a quilt spent all afternoon doing a wonderful job.
When I took it out and looked at the back and had still got a dark green in the bobbin. Forgot to check
The colour in bobbin.

AZ Jane 11-11-2012 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by pinkcastle (Post 5647360)
Sewing through my thumb. I don't remember the particulars, but I do remember seeing thread coming out of my thumb nail and my husband calling the nurse helpline to see what to do about it. Not my best moment.

Yep, did that except with was my index finger AND I was home alone. Man, it hurt to pull that finger off the needle!!

dart1 11-11-2012 05:40 AM

Got ready for church, then read all the replies to this thread and laughed so hard I had to fix my face again. Can't wait to check in again later.

alwayslearning 11-11-2012 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Just Me... (Post 5647181)
somehow I stitched my shirt into a seam once....did I mention while I was TEACHING a class! Lifted up the project and up came my shirt!

That sounds like a very valid teaching method! What an ice breaker!

kaykuilts 11-11-2012 06:01 AM

Years ago in my garment sewing days, I sewed the right sleeve in the left arm hole and the left sleeve in the right armhole. After trying it on I realized my mistake, took it all out and turned around and did the same thing again!
Can you believe the third time I started to do it again, but caught myself after a few inches of sewing. Unbelievable!

maviskw 11-11-2012 06:39 AM

I made a Freedom Quilt a few years back. It's a wonky Log Cabin, with the squares tilted one way and then the other. It had been to two quilt shows, and I had it on my bed for several years before I noticed that one of the squares is not tilted according to the pattern of "tilts". Now we'll see how I can keep my mouth shut and not tell anyone else.

rekrug 11-11-2012 07:28 AM

LOL! Loved these! I have a good one. Newly married and still in school (aka broke), my husband was working for a furniture company. He would bring left over chintz/cotton fabric home that was appropriate for me to make dresses, etc. (I was student teaching, and needed to look professional on a dime.) Low and behold, we go to a house design open house, (a rather dressy affair), and I am standing there, matching the sofa. I stayed in the kitchen. LOL

allsgo 11-11-2012 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Just Me... (Post 5647181)
somehow I stitched my shirt into a seam once....did I mention while I was TEACHING a class! Lifted up the project and up came my shirt!

:D so funny

Gramie bj 11-11-2012 07:57 AM

A few years ago I was in a round robbin where we exchanged a piece of focal fabric to be used to make a row, we kept the row we made for our selves. When all rows were completed we got together to exchange rows and asemble our quilts. I was the only one out of the 12 to use my own focal fabric wrong side up! LOL The girles still put notes on fabric for me-THIS SIDE UP-

SusieG 11-11-2012 07:58 AM

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has done that! Ha ha ha :D