Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tags on quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tags-quilt-t103872.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 02-28-2011 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by katiescraftshop
I make my own or write directly on the backing.

That's what I do but I'm hoping to get an embroidery machine soon so I can do some fancier ones :)

fabric_fancy 02-28-2011 04:50 PM

i make them myself

SuziC 02-28-2011 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by katiescraftshop
I make my own or write directly on the backing.

Me too :lol:

LAB55 02-28-2011 05:09 PM

I make my own on my printer.

Corry 02-28-2011 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made my own this last time. I used my embroidery machine and added some designs to it too. I really like how it turned out and it was so easy. My step daughter was just so pleased with the label and it having a special message just for her.

jeanneb52 03-01-2011 02:17 AM

I,too, use my embroidery machine. I put the recepients name, some kind of saying that fits them or the occasion, my name and the date.

chrisqlt 03-01-2011 04:40 AM

I make mine in EQ and print on fabric. I like to make a frame border of a block used in the quilt. Once when my granddaughters were eagerly unpacking a quilt from a gift bag I overheard them saying "quick let's see what the note says!" Cute!

sewnsewer2 03-01-2011 04:47 AM

I make them myself and also make them for others with my embroidery machine. I posted an ad on the members buy/sell thread.

Scrap Happy 03-01-2011 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by chrisqlt
I make mine in EQ and print on fabric. I like to make a frame border of a block used in the quilt. Once when my granddaughters were eagerly unpacking a quilt from a gift bag I overheard them saying "quick let's see what the note says!" Cute!

That's how I do mine. I use the lightest color fabric in the quilt and frame it with another color in the quilt. I write my name (by hand with permanent marker), the name of the quilt, who it is for, the date & my town & state. On 1 charity quilt I wrote in more detail the 'why & who it was made in honor of.' It was a big label and attracted a lot of curiousity/attention from non-quilters. It was put on display to sell tickets and while on display the corner was turned so that the label would show. I believe this helped sell more raffle tickets.

lclang 03-01-2011 05:08 AM

Sometimes I make my own. other times I use some of the preprinted labels and write on them with a permanent pen, or use a leftover block and write in the light areas. They can be drawn on muslin with permanent colored pens also. There are many ways to get a label on a quilt and it is important to do so with every one. I have a ragged old quilt with no label and found a picture of it with a date. It is 50 years old! No wonder it is worn out. I also inherited quilts with no labels and we don't know when they were made, just have to guess.