Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
question? >

question?

question?

Old 06-10-2009, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by sapdoggie

Odd ducks in groups divisible by 2 become even ducks - so surround yourself with at least three more odd ducks and you'll be even. I
volunteer to be one of the three, any more volunteers? :?: :?: :?:
LOL ... they say figures don't lie, but liars figure ... I think your math is a bit fuzzy ... I mean ... furry, uh ... downy? LOL
Let's see- you are # one, I am
#1 of three more, add two more to us , that is four, divide by 2 = 2 which is an even number.
all to say - it's ok to be odd or even, just share and care and bring joy to others. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Old 06-11-2009, 05:33 AM

I would go for it! I love the disappearing nine patch. I am doing a 3 color and it is so pretty! Beware...they are adicting!
Old 06-11-2009, 05:49 AM

You guys have been so very helpful and especially encouraging! I always loved the look of the DP9 and am now intrigued with the possibilities! The creative juices are flowing.
On a past topic:
I read a string where the question was about quilting ideas in the most unusual places. I guess you've created a monster because I see quilts in carpets, floor and ceiling tiles, restaurant seats, church ceilings, the Discovery Channel.......
Old 06-11-2009, 06:06 AM

I have made a scrappy one for my church Prayer Quilt Ministry and it turned out fine. Sometimes the fabric pieces we get for these projects are small but they work just fine for this. Try one, if you don't like the way it looks, donate it to your local animal shelter for the puppies pens, they on't mind how it looks, just that it is something to snuggle in.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:39 AM

Yes, I have made a small wall quilt scrappy. But I did keep the 4 middle, outside square consistent and also the middle square another same. If that makes any sense! The other blocks were any and everything and I liked the end result. :-) Jan
Old 06-11-2009, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
it can be done scrappy.

here's a link to 2 scrappy D9P

http://justpurelovely.typepad.com/ju...t-a-tutor.html
It's darling. I'm not good with "scrappy" because I obsess with putting the scraps "in order." (I know, I'm not well. :lol: ) But I think the pink one is great. I love the D9P. Learned about it on this board. I will make a scrappy one. Of course, I'll probably do something like put all the center squares in solid colors, or something as insane as that.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:36 AM

I made a scrappy doll quilt using the D9P pattern. I'll see if I can find a picture of it. The finished quilt was about 20"x20". I used some minkees and flannels and cotton prints. When it was all done it was rather stiff. I should have skipped the batting.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:05 AM

Wow, all those D9Ps are wonderful. I have been wanting to do one for quite some time. Recently I made some big booboos on an easy 'trip' quilt and decided to 'unsew' the whole thing and plan on using the fabrics for a D9P.

Bella, I really love the heart one that your quild group made....fabulous! What a great idea. Were all the hearts appliqued on after the cuts were made? Or ....? That is a great idea for a block swap in a guild.

thanks ladies for sharing all your photos, they are really exciting and inspiring.

warm quilt hugs, sue
Old 06-11-2009, 11:56 AM

I am in the process of quilting adisappearing nine patch that is truly scrappy. I just picked a piece out of a box and sewed them together. cut them in half and made rows as I picked them up. No planning whatsoever. I think it looks pretty good. I will post a pic when off the frame.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:34 PM

I have made scrappy disappearing nine patch quilts. I have used all kinds of scraps, but find if the middle block on the middle row is darker, it shows up nicely when you cut it and turn the pieces.

Sophie