Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quick Quilts >

Quick Quilts

Quick Quilts

Old 08-28-2012, 07:01 PM

I like a mix of easy and quick quilts...It seems when I mix them up I never burn out on my work...I have a lot of stash and am hoping to organize and use these fabrics. I am now on disability, and have unlimited time to quilt. My main goal is to be sure that every grandbaby has a quilt and I have enjoyed every minute I have to spend on my art.The local hospital knows me as the quilting lady, since I usually have a project to work on when I am on the mend!!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:05 PM

I have a quilt in process that for me is more involved...lots of little squares to piece together for a queen size quilt. It's my first complicated pattern and I can only work on it for so long before I have to stop and work on an easy pattern to give my brain a break. Since the queen quilt is for me, I have no deadline to get it done whereas the other easier quilts are going to be Christmas presents and need to be finished before then. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing more of the easier, quicker patterns to keep me happy.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Power Poster

I always have a few going at one time. Finished a d9p this a.m., have three ready to quilt, beading a block,waiting to put blocks tog on my kitty quilt.
One more needs binding
Old 08-28-2012, 07:41 PM

I have a couple of hard ones going..or 4. If I didn't take a break and work on some easier ones than I can actually finish, I would lose all interest. I always keep everything where I can work on whatever I am in the mood to.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:07 AM

I do mostly easy quilts too, because most of my quilts are for charities. Then, I occasionally do a harder design when I have the time. I love the jelly rolls strip quilts because they are always a surprise, and look so nice when finished. I have my own long arm, and just do a simple meander on them. I don't like the tight fancy quilting, as it tends to make the quilt a little stiff. When I do the simple fast stuff, it relaxes me and I just enjoy the process; no stress over making mistakes.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:41 AM

I love making fast and easy quilts because finishing a top gives one a great feeling of accomplishment, regardless of the complexity. Doing it in a couple of days, even more so. So I always a 'quickie' in progress.
Having said that, I also believe that life is unpredictable, so I am also working on my 'bucket list' quilts. I use the good china every day and think that desserts should be eaten first.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:43 AM

I have been working on the quilt by Darlene Zimmerman (Oopsie daisy) since the first of summer. All of it s hand appliqued in reproduction fabrics. Praise the Lord, I am on the last block and then I can start puting it together. I love to do appliqué!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:10 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

With me working still- the quick quilt is the way to go.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:15 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by charhend View Post
I have been working on the quilt by Darlene Zimmerman (Oopsie daisy) since the first of summer. All of it s hand appliqued in reproduction fabrics. Praise the Lord, I am on the last block and then I can start puting it together. I love to do appliqué!
Oh, so do I . Applique is my all time favorite! And I love Civil war reproduction fabrics the best. Only no one within 3 hours of me sells the fabric. So, even though I banned myself from online buying, I will buy Civil war fabric online. And I like to do easy quilts mixed with harder quilts. The harder quilts sometimes twist my brain! So, to feel like I know what I'm doing, I do an easier quilt and untwist my brain.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:22 AM

I love the intricate patterns. I have at least 4 going at any one time. I like to do quick quilts that I know can take a lot of wear for the grand kids. They get a lot of use and sometimes don't get the best care.