Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt challenge >

Quilt challenge

Quilt challenge

Old 09-23-2010, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by loopywren
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I would but every kind thing I have done for that man has been a wasted effort on my part. As far as he is concerned I only married his son to get my hands on his money. As far as I am concerned he can die go to h___ and take all his money with him. 18 years of trying with him and I am done. So I think I will pass on this challenge.
Sometimes thers is just too much pain isn't there!
You got that right!! I make my quilts out of love and that's why I couldn't do it.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:38 AM

I drew the name one Christmas of a co-worker who hated me just because she wanted to do all the work herself and administration hired me to also do that job. She rarely spoke to me except to criticize me. I would come in in the morning and say hello to her and she would respond, "Humph!" (Best way I can describe her greeting) I could have put the name back and drawn another, but I decided to keep it and do something really nice for her....I made her a quilt. Wish I could say she became my best friend, or was even a nicer person, but she never even thanked me for it or so much as mentioned it. Don't expect this gesture to change anyone (although it could), but it will make you feel better about yourself. For all I know, this woman took it home and burned it!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I would but every kind thing I have done for that man has been a wasted effort on my part. As far as he is concerned I only married his son to get my hands on his money. As far as I am concerned he can die go to h___ and take all his money with him. 18 years of trying with him and I am done. So I think I will pass on this challenge.
Oh - I so-o-o agree. I think I always agree with you. My former sister-in-law "ordered" a quilt from me once, moments after she opened her Christmas gift which was a quilted pillow. She was so disappointed. I bit. I did it for her because her diabetes was destroying her eyesight and I figured I should do it while she could still see. It was sent in the mail the next Christmas. I never received a word of thanks. About eight months later - I got really pissed off about that. So I wrote and asked her if she had received it, did she like it, etc. She proceeded to get angry with me for asking for a word of thanks - and SENT IT BACK TO ME! I'm happy to say that it looks just lovely in my bathroom - which I decorated around it. When you've got green fixtures - you have to be creative.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by sylviak
I drew the name one Christmas of a co-worker who hated me just because she wanted to do all the work herself and administration hired me to also do that job. She rarely spoke to me except to criticize me. I would come in in the morning and say hello to her and she would respond, "Humph!" (Best way I can describe her greeting) I could have put the name back and drawn another, but I decided to keep it and do something really nice for her....I made her a quilt. Wish I could say she became my best friend, or was even a nicer person, but she never even thanked me for it or so much as mentioned it. Don't expect this gesture to change anyone (although it could), but it will make you feel better about yourself. For all I know, this woman took it home and burned it!
I think I worked for the same woman! lol
Old 09-23-2010, 08:42 AM

Don't kid your self she took it home and regifted it...I am in the same boat at my job, no one ever talks to me and to be completely honest I have no idea, I have been here 6 months and they will say good morning to everyone but totally skips over me, I just keep telling myself they are missing out on meeting a good person...but at times it does make me sad...
Old 09-23-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by fabrichore
Don't kid your self she took it home and regifted it...I am in the same boat at my job, no one ever talks to me and to be completely honest I have no idea, I have been here 6 months and they will say good morning to everyone but totally skips over me, I just keep telling myself they are missing out on meeting a good person...but at times it does make me sad...

Never thought about her regifting! However, I can see her trashing it.

BTW, the conversation is good here! You're not being skipped over!