Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shop bathrooms >

Quilt shop bathrooms

Quilt shop bathrooms

Old 05-25-2013, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Don't you just love the bathrooms that are decorated with quilts, wall hangings, etc. in quilt shop bathrooms? I know that my post is weird but it got me to think that I should make a fun bathroom themed project for mine. Anyone else decorate their bathrooms with quilt projects??
Sandy
I love any room decorated with quilts. And if you recall, back when they had stone walls and castles, they used tapestries to both decorate a room, and to make it better insulated.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:21 PM

And there is also a quilt pattern with rolls of toilet paper. It might be called 'On a Roll"
Old 05-26-2013, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
Sandygirl. You and my two whacky sisters. Two years ago after the quilt run in CA all they talked about were the bathrooms in the quilt shops. I went with them last year just to check out the bathrooms. Best one we saw was on a trip to NH several years ato. Huge shop and the bathroom wasn't decorated.....it was in the boiler room!!!!!!! A bit scary but had to check it out.
Please share the name of the NH shop! I am curious about which one it is.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:35 PM

I also wonder where this is...I have been to many in NH and never have seen one in a boiler room.
Originally Posted by lots2do View Post
Please share the name of the NH shop! I am curious about which one it is.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:00 AM

The quilt shop where I work is in a Georgia brick home built in 1870. The bathroom was added sometime in the 40's. We use the bathtub to store extra packages of batting. My boss taped this sign to the side of the tub: "Please do not sit on the edge of the tub, or get comfy with the idea of quilting in the tub."
Old 11-26-2013, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Angel Bear View Post
I don't think I've ever visited an LQS restroom! What have I been missing? I'm definitely going to check them all out now (with camera!)
Super idea! I, too, always check out the bathrooms but never thought to take pictures! (now that statement sounds kinda creepy... pix of the decorations and quilts I mean! LOL)
Old 11-26-2013, 12:41 PM

Of course, I have a quilt somewhere in every room, normally. Since we moved here, I haven't hung the quilts. Waiting on the contractor to come up with a way I can hang quilts on our 12 foot walls & be able to change them our without a scissor-lift to get up there. I have the rod & 2 quilts for the main bathroom. Just need the motivation to nail it up. I have a really cute wall hanging of 3 rolls of T-paper for the bathroom, but haven't figured out where in our bath it will go. Here is a photo of it! The pattern has 4 rolls, but I only did 3.
Attached Thumbnails bathroom-quilt.jpg  
Old 11-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Power Poster

I have thought about it a couple of times, but I worry about the moisture in the air....
Old 11-26-2013, 04:29 PM

I made a quilt the size of the shower curtain and added tabs and it was wonderful. I've since repainted and decorated so easily removed tabs and now have a nice lap quilt.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:41 AM

A LQS has several small quilts in the bathroom, but some disappeared during a Shop Hop!