Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Stores and YOU >

Quilt Stores and YOU

Quilt Stores and YOU

Old 02-14-2014, 07:12 AM

you are welcome Judith
hope to get many responses from a variety of locations.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:29 AM

Powells is the best bookstore by far. I grew up in Woodland and after I was old enough to drive spent many happy hours shopping for books there. Now I live just far enough away that it's a major event to go and I almost never go to Portland anymore.
Rodney
Old 02-14-2014, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
I'm an online shopper and love Fabric Shack.
They are my GO TO store. Every time I search for a fabric on Quiltshops.com, they always have what I am looking for. They also offer $3.00 for a priority envelope.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by maniacquilter2 View Post
they are my go to store. Every time i search for a fabric on quiltshops.com, they always have what i am looking for. They also offer $3.00 for a priority envelope.
wow !!...........................
Old 02-14-2014, 07:48 AM

Mine is Sew Much Fun in Gastonia NC. The ladies there are very helpful in finding just the right fabric and color when I need help.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
My favorite quilt store is Pappy's Quilting Place in Maryville, TN. They have a wonderful selection of fabric and quilting supplies. They have beautiful quilts on display. The store is always neat, clean, and attractive. The thing I like best are the wonderful people who work there. They are so knowledgeable about quilting and very helpful. They make you feel welcome in the store. They also have excellent classes and sometimes have trunk shows. For the past two years, I have made one of their BOM. Each of the BOMs had been a real learning experience for me. I feel so fortunate to be able to shop at Pappy's Quilting Place. They do have an on-line site; but it is more fun to go to the shop.
I 'sew' totally agree My mom and I come down every year for Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge and always make the trip out to Pappy's. Love that place!!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

Funny, Fabric Depot in Portland is my favorite FABRIC shop, but I don't regard it as a QUILT shop. They usually have only a couple of quilts displayed, no classes for quilters, none of the vibe of a LQS, only the items for sale. (But what a selection!!!) To me, a quilt shop is more than that. I get inspiration from seeing the quilts on display, the sales staff understand quilting, there are classes for quilters... For LQS, I love JanniLou in Philomath OR and the Finally Together (in a new location) in Lebanon OR. We also have a wonderful though very small LQS in Albany, the Quilt Loft. All of these are run by quilters, for quilters.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:50 AM

Mary Jo's in NC. Huge and lots of fun. But we have a great one right here in Hurricane WV. "Quilts by Phyllis" Everyone is very nice & wonderful selection of upscale fabrics at great prices.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:03 AM

Fabric Depot! That is certainly my pick, too!!! Another great thing is that my cousin in Canada shops for presents for me online or leaves me a gift certificate that I can go and pick-up from the store! Customer service is great and there are many helpful and knowledgeable staff members (very important in my book). Always wonderful sales going on, too.

Last edited by Kitsie; 02-14-2014 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Forgot to name store
Old 02-14-2014, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
Fabric Depot! That is certainly my pick, too!!! Another great thing is that my cousin in Canada shops for presents for me online or leaves me a gift certificate that I can go and pick-up from the store! Customer service is great and there are many helpful and knowledgeable staff members (very important in my book). Always wonderful sales going on, too.

their HUGE selection of quilt fabrics amazes me.