Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Stores and YOU >

Quilt Stores and YOU

Quilt Stores and YOU

Old 02-15-2014, 05:52 AM

Mine used to be It's A Stitch in Humble, TX - they had great kits and patterns and a wide choice of fabrics. Unfortunately about 3 years ago they went to selling machines and only precut lengths of fabric. So disappointing.

My cousin took me to the Pine Needle in Portland, Oregon. I guess it's a good thing I don't live closer because I would probably be there every other day - fabulous selection of everything, great patterns and classes, and a great staff!
Old 02-15-2014, 06:00 AM

I live just north of Cincinnati OH and we are blessed with many quilt shops close by. Bella quilts, Pohlar fabrics, Sew Easy, Seams So Easy, Aunt Ruths, Quilters Studio, Stitches, Sewn, Silk ROad. I think that is all of them within 20 miles of my house. If I drive a little bit further there are a bunch more. I really like Fabric Shack about 30 miles away.
I'm not sure if it is a good thing or not but most of the shops know me and my fabric tastes. There are also several JoAnns, Hancocks and Hobby Lobby close by.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
Mine used to be It's A Stitch in Humble, TX - they had great kits and patterns and a wide choice of fabrics. Unfortunately about 3 years ago they went to selling machines and only precut lengths of fabric. So disappointing.

My cousin took me to the Pine Needle in Portland, Oregon. I guess it's a good thing I don't live closer because I would probably be there every other day - fabulous selection of everything, great patterns and classes, and a great staff!

the Pine Needle in Portland

forgot about this store.
very nice shop.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:15 AM

My favorites close to me are Crafty Corner in Worthington, Minnesota and Quilt 'n' Kaboodle in Cherokee, Iowa. Both have very friendly and helpful staff and have wonderful selections of great fabric.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:42 AM

Lolly's in Shipshewana, Indiana.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:02 AM

I am lucky to have several good quilt shops close to me. My favorites are
Cotton and Choclate in Thousand Oaks, Ca
Quilt Emploriam in Woodland Hills Ca
Candys Quilt Works in Reseda Ca
All are within resonable driving distance from me.
I do like to support my local quilt shops so that they will stay in business. I only shop online when I am looking for something I can't find locally.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:12 AM

Have heard of the Marsh Store but never been, maybe this spring.
Originally Posted by stillclock View Post
The Marsh Store in Coldstream Ontario!

kind, compassionate and funny

aileen
Old 02-15-2014, 07:20 AM

I would like to ask the Canadian quilters, if there are any Canadian online stores. The prices of the U.S. online stores are fabulous, unfortunately by the time shipping and handling is added on, the savings are soon eaten up. I would like to order from Canada too. I occasionally order from the U.S. and will keep ordering if it is something that I can not get here and there is a fair bit of that. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:31 AM

There's a two story log cabin quilt store in Cosby, Tenn that I've been to 3 times....has such a darling set up and quilts made hanging from rafter and great selection of quality fabric, kits. I think it's called Halloway
Old 02-15-2014, 07:48 AM

OK, so not really close to me, but in my hometown a little more than an hour from where I live now, Painted Pony in La Porte, Texas, has always been my absolute favorite LQS. I love that place. More locally, we have a couple quilt shops within 15 or so miles, but neither blow my skirt up. Quilt & Sew in Katy always makes me feel like an outsider, and their customer service isn't that great (at least, not for me). QuiltWorks in Cypress isn't bad, but I'm not crazy about the layout of the shop and the selection isn't so great unless you're looking for batiks, which I rarely use.

Back across town and a little south of where I grew up, Sew Contempo in Clear Lake is also a favorite. I just love them.