Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: quilters anonymous

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I feel so bad for all you quiltaholics. I am not a quiltaholic, I sometimes cannot get into my sewing room for the fabric falling into the hallway and cannot open a closet without it falling out, when people ride in my car I don't have to shove fabric into the trunk so they can sit, My couches and chairs are just extra puffy, no fabric hidden there, I don't keep locks on the pantry doors so no one mistakes the cabinet for food, I could go on....BUT I AM NOT A QUILTAHOLIC. ROFL

Senior Member Cheshirecatquilter's Avatar
    You all say quiltaholic like it's a bad thing. No such beast.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter
    You all say quiltaholic like it's a bad thing. No such beast.
    Yeah but isn't anything which ends in holic a bad thing?? ha ha ha

Not when the prefix is "fabric'" or "quilt'"...

My name is Heather and I am a quiltaholic and proud to be one of so many wonderful people with this problem.hahahahaha. We are all members of the most wonderful disease there is -- that is helping family and other people by making quilts for them:thumbup:

My name is Cathy and I am the most additive quiltaholic
    person on the planet earth , I cant get enough of it and talk to everyone about it , (sometime boring them silly )
    but I dont care... , I have more fabric than I will ever use in my life time , but I dont care... , I leave things half done in the house sometimes because I have just been hit with a great idea, but I dont care ..., I am enjoying my life and I am harming no one , except my bank balance.
    I love love love it .

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Darn, you didn't mention the word chocolate lol

Blog Entries
    I confess, I am a quiltaholic. And it is a contageous disease. Though I don't know anyone that would avoid contact in fear of catching it!! When we come in to work on Mondays, the first thing we all do is look at everyones "finds" from the weekend. One gal had stuff for show and tell and hadn't gone near a fabric store! We know her so well we see things "she just can't live without" and bring them back for her. LOL. If there is anything better than shopping, it is shopping with someone elses' money.

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Darn, you didn't mention the word chocolate lol
    Unfortunately, when quiltoholics are also chocoholics, we end up building up so much ballast in our backsides while sitting at the sewing machine that we wouldn't tip over in a tornado.

Nice to meet you. I am also a quiltaholic:)

You think that is being bad, well let me tell you a story with no ending. In the tutorial section there is a lady from Alaska that did her sewing room with bookcase across the wall, well that sounded like a pretty good idea because my fabric has been in file cabinets and I can't see what I have soooooooo I bought some bookcases and started my journey. I went toevey store and got cardboard, went to Starbucks and filled my van with boxes and got started, well a month later I have finished but I opened a trunk big enough to put a body in and guess what more fabric. Now you understand why I am covered in fabric.
    Marion

You think that is being bad, well let me tell you a story with no ending. In the tutorial section there is a lady from Alaska that did her sewing room with bookcase across the wall, well that sounded like a pretty good idea because my fabric has been in file cabinets and I can't see what I have soooooooo I bought some bookcases and started my journey. I went to evey store and got cardboard, went to Starbucks and filled my van with boxes and got started, well a month later I have finished but I opened a trunk big enough to put a body in and guess what more fabric. Now you understand why I am covered in fabric.
    Marion

Blog Entries
    glad you are getting your fabric all organized

Quote Originally Posted by qltzig
    You think that is being bad, well let me tell you a story with no ending. In the tutorial section there is a lady from Alaska that did her sewing room with bookcase across the wall, well that sounded like a pretty good idea because my fabric has been in file cabinets and I can't see what I have soooooooo I bought some bookcases and started my journey. I went to evey store and got cardboard, went to Starbucks and filled my van with boxes and got started, well a month later I have finished but I opened a trunk big enough to put a body in and guess what more fabric. Now you understand why I am covered in fabric.
    Marion

Quote Originally Posted by qltzig
    Marion
    You know you could probably give the funeral director advance notice to wrap you in fabric strips like a mummy when the time comes. That will probably be the best solution for most of us.

Sounds good to me.
    Marion

I suggested to my mother in law that if she ever stops quilting, that I get all her fabrics, and quilting notions! I mean she has enough for a store! She loves me so much that she has said yes, as I am her favorite daughter in law! ( her ONLY daughter in law, however her favorite)

TreeFrog

My name is Dee and I am one too, and now so is my hubby, he loves to pick out fabric for my stack, he spends more than I do!!! (I am so happy)

Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    I feel so bad for all you quiltaholics. I am not a quiltaholic, I sometimes cannot get into my sewing room for the fabric falling into the hallway and cannot open a closet without it falling out, when people ride in my car I don't have to shove fabric into the trunk so they can sit, My couches and chairs are just extra puffy, no fabric hidden there, I don't keep locks on the pantry doors so no one mistakes the cabinet for food, I could go on....BUT I AM NOT A QUILTAHOLIC. ROFL
    Ha - I think you are in denial - maybe it is a Texas thing as I live in Benbrook, TX. And I don't have a problem because when my money is gone - sometimes I quit buying fabric - see, I can control it.
    Blessings,
    Scherrie

O.K. now I am going to tell tales out of school but one of the gals I quilt with not only has a room full but also has two storage trailers outside of her house full and still keeps on buying more when we meet because we meet in a quilt shop and so far I have not seen her finish a thing so I guess she wins the prize. We are sick,sick,sickkkkkkkk.
    Marion

Quote Originally Posted by jean knapp
    I am a quilt a holic, can I bring my sewing machine to the meeting?
    Hiiiii :oops: my name is June and I am a quilt addict....

(Whew! got that over with, off my chest, feel so much better...) Now leave me alone! I like being one!!!!!!!

I love you asking if you can bring your machine cuz that would be my first thought also! Will there be chocolate?

My name is Pam and I'm a quiltaholic, fabricholic, etc.
    I'll bet Quilters Anonymous has the largest membership of any 'anonymous' organization around.

I am Ashley and I am a fabricholic and I just now need to become a quiltholic :) YAY! I have a maijor addiction to Marshall Dry Goods and ebay too. :)

My name is Karyl, and I have been a fabricaholic for many many years, but just completed my first quilt and halfway through discovered I'm a Quiltaholic, too....in fact...I think my fabric addiction was just the 'soft stuff' getting me geared up for my One True Love and Addiction - quilting!
    I close my eyes and see fabric prints. I see quilt patterns in everyday things. (This is no joke! I do.)
    Went to my first quilt show on Saturday, tried out a long arm Nolting and a Gamill and dang near bought one! (My daughter doesn't need that tuition money! Let her get a loan!) Well. A slight exaggeration, but I sure did want it!! So I bought on-sale jelly rolls, turnovers, and layer cakes instead. (Hey! They were 40-50% off...you'd have bought them too!) Plus a queen size kit.
    I stop by my local fabric store on my way home a couple times a week...just to get my Moda-fix!

I feel like I am HOME when I am quilting!

(I think I'm nuts!) ;-}

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7