Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: quilters anonymous

That's what I've been calling myself for years, and my husband would agree!!

PEP

I'm not a stash-a-holic; I'm a collector - extroidinaire!! Patty

ME TOO. SEE YA GOT TO GO PLAY ON THE QUILT NOW.

I can see I'm in good company as I, too, am a sewaholic!

I'm a quiltaholic but I'm not looking for any cure. I love it and that's my story.

Hi, I'm Diane and I and I am definatley a quiltaholic. Isn't there some kind of Serenity Prayer for Quilters?

My name is Emmy and I love to quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisygirl
    Hi, I'm Diane and I and I am definatley a quiltaholic. Isn't there some kind of Serenity Prayer for Quilters?

how about this one?

Yea, though I walk through the valley of lack of time, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. In fact, what a great idea!!!! I will include a rod and staff in my next project!

Psa 23:5 Thou preparest a sewing table before me in the presence of my WIPís: thou anointest my head with imagination; my stash runneth over.

Psa 23:6 Surely ideas and patterns shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Blog Entries
    I so badly want to be a full-time quilt-o-holic, but I have to share with housework-o-holic, cook-o-holic, but, my pray-o-holic will always be priority.

My name is Jo and I am a quiltic...no alcohol in this girl

Hello, my name is Glenda and I am a fabriholic already and want to be a quiltaholic. I've been following this board for about three weeks now and finally made a post two days ago. You ladies are so talented! I want to jump into quilting but I am scared...isn't that crazy. I've made like three quilt tops and that is as far as I can get. I have quilt fabric and kits up to my eyeballs and I can look at quilt patterns for hours, have downloaded dozens...and nothing. I think I need an enabler!?!

My name is Sue and I'm a 'fabricoholic' more so than a quilter. But I will come to quilters anonymous meetings!

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-T
    Hello, My name is Theresa and I am a quiltaholic.
    It has been 2 weeks since I last worked on piecing a quilt....ONLY because my machine is in the shop! :)
    Otherwise I'd be in there right now - sewing away!
    I am a quiltaholic and I haven't worked with fabric since July20th when I had thumb joint replacement cast coming off on Thursday and then therapy. Hoping to be back quilting soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Wife
    My name is Linda, and I readily admit I'm a quiltaholic. I have been in this condition for more than thirty years and it is getting worse. It's not my fault! The designers are making such pretty fabrics and patterns, and all of you are putting in pictures of gorgeous quilts. You are all to blame, not me! You are enablers! (just kidding of course!)
    "Enablers" ....that's the word I've been looking for. If if weren't for all of you putting pictures of your quilts, projects and sewing rooms on this board, maybe I could finish some of my quilts. I agree: it's all your fault!!! :-))

Umn, I'm not sure I qualify to join this club you see my family keeps finding fabric and such that I have bought and stashed away then forgotten I have while I..........oh yes, I'm in denial!

Maybe1day

Blog Entries
    Yes, I'll admit it in front of everyone...I'm a..a..ah, well, i'm kinda
    of a...gulp, I"M A QUILT ALOHOLIC!!!

There, I said it and I'm glad. I'm addicted. It's incurable and highly infectious.

My name is Betty Ditto I agree with every thing that you have just said, and I have been doing all of this since 1973 so I guess I have earned my pin by now and I am not going to guit any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Wife
    My name is Linda, and I readily admit I'm a quiltaholic. I have been in this condition for more than thirty years and it is getting worse. It's not my fault! The designers are making such pretty fabrics and patterns, and all of you are putting in pictures of gorgeous quilts. You are all to blame, not me! You are enablers! (just kidding of course!)

My name is Pat and I am a quitaholic with a collecting problem. And I couldn't be with a better group of people.

If those evil quilt shops would not send me those enticing sales and pictures of new fabric, I think I could get better.

Yes that's me, a quiltoholic. I need something to enable me to finish one before starting another. It seems the only ones getting finished these days are gifts with time limits, like births or BD's

Hi, I'm Bev & I'm not a quiltaholic! I do NOT have 3 or 4 UFOs. I do NOT have 2 WIPs. I do NOT have 200 or 300 ideas. I do NOT have fabric all over my house. I do NOT have boxes of fabric in storage & my DD did not put it there. I do NOT have 5 sewing machines ( OK only 3 'cause I gave 2 to DD.) And if I do I don't want a cure.

Blog Entries
    I started sewing as a child. No one warned me how addictive it was. They openly sold me, a child, fabric. Why my parents would even send me with a note to buy it. I had to hide my stash so my parents wouldn't find it. I nearly had to flush it once cause my mom came home early. I'm glad she forgot to lock the car, when she went back out, I had time to hide the evidence. I have been addicted so long now, I am without hope.
    Pray for me. ROFLMAO!

Blog Entries
    I am also a "fiber overachiever".

My name is Janet and I'm a quiltoholic.. though I just started back up in the last few months after a 10 yr hiatus I've got it bad.

I just started on a new project last week and I spent Friday night till 2 am... all day yesterday..took a break to watch a movie and started back in and was again up till 2 am. Worked most of the day today... and it's almost 9 pm and I'm still going. I have to go to work tomorrow... hmmm... maybe I'll call in sick. As I said... I've got it bad.

Power Poster
    I just simlpy love quilting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judi wess
    My name is Judi and I am a quiltaholic, fabriholic, yarnaholic. I don't see the problem and don't want a cure.
    Hi my name is Carol and I am a fabricaholic, yarnaholic and wannabe quiltaholic!!! And definitely a Quilter's Message Boardaholic!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast