Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: quilters anonymous

My name is Diane, and I'm a quiltaholic, big-time. Besides that, if it weren't enough, I'm a major fabriholic. Do you suppose it's a tactile deficiency from my childhood or something?

If it is. I had it too!

My name is Twinkie. And, I am a fabriholic. I have searched and searched for a cure to no avail. Someone told me if I would learn how to quilt, it would releave the drive to buy fabric. THEY LIED!! Now I am a fabriholic and a quiltiholic.

What is a person to do? I just have one question. Is it terminal??

Quote Originally Posted by dublb
    Hi, I'm Bev & I'm not a quiltaholic! I do NOT have 3 or 4 UFOs. I do NOT have 2 WIPs. I do NOT have 200 or 300 ideas. I do NOT have fabric all over my house. I do NOT have boxes of fabric in storage & my DD did not put it there. I do NOT have 5 sewing machines ( OK only 3 'cause I gave 2 to DD.) And if I do I don't want a cure.
    This is just too funny! I finally came out of the closet and had a cabinet built along one wall of my "office" (erstwhile bedroom) -12' long x 8' tall x 15" deep, and it's almost filled up already. You wouldn't believe where I keep finding fabric to transfer there - I amaze myself! I had even used rolls of batting to fill pillow shams on my guestroom bed, because I didn't have pillows long enough! That's a secret, though, so please don't tell anyone! :lol:

At this point, repentence is completely out of the question.

Can I observe this club meeting I really dont need to join because I AM NOT A QUILTAHOLIC My family is just crazy They dont know what they are talking about.

Blog Entries
    I admit I am a 'frabricaholic' but I am trying real hard to learn to be a "quiltaholic" Wish me luck!!!

Can the quilt police lock you up for this crime? Will I become publicly known as an addict? If so I'm doomed.

I am not a quiltaholic. I can stop anytime I want. I just don't want to.

From MN, living full time in our Motor Home
    I'm in! :P

Hi everyone,
    My name is Rose and I am a quiltaholic and (shhhh don't tell anyone) a closet fabricaholic. I have been one since 1995 and when my family says I spend too much time quilting I just tell them that it is my therapy. It keeps me from getting into some really bad stuff like chocolate especially the stuff they import from Belgium. That stuff I have to hide. We are staying with my son and his family and when parcels keep coming for me my DIL says MORE fabric and patterns, I just reply you can never have enough of either. I am hoping that they never find a cure for either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dublb
    Hi, I'm Bev & I'm not a quiltaholic! I do NOT have 3 or 4 UFOs. I do NOT have 2 WIPs. I do NOT have 200 or 300 ideas. I do NOT have fabric all over my house. I do NOT have boxes of fabric in storage & my DD did not put it there. I do NOT have 5 sewing machines ( OK only 3 'cause I gave 2 to DD.) And if I do I don't want a cure.
    This girl lives in EGYPT! De Nile!

My name is Kate, Thai quilter in Chicago...I'm addicted to the quilt and fabric-aholic too.....I have had about 9 quilts, 1 quilt shirt, 7 bags, living room curtain...etc... on my list...buzy busy....but I've been happy whenever I'm sewing, planning, designing my quilt....

Happy quilting.....

Glad to hear that I am not the only quiltaholic, fabriciholic and yarnaholic. Sure is fun though

My name is Donna and I am a quiltaholic,fabriholic, sew sew sewaholic. I don't want to quit. I guess I am hooked for life. oh that too, hookaholic if anything can be made with string and fabric I am hooked

Hi. I'm Clara Jo and all of the above apply to me. My Mother started me on this road at two years of age and it gets worse every year. I am shameless as I have started as many as possible on the same decadent way of life. I am not quite as bad as a friend who has 16 "Avon" boxes full of fabric stashed in her mobile home. But I am getting there.

Blog Entries
    Hi. I am HisPatchwork, it is what I do. I will promote quilting at every opportunity, at any age. {i am going to start my 2yr old DGD this week on her own quilt of favorite 5" squares} I already started her sisters at 9yrs and 4yrs old. I have even spread the love to some of their friends. I will gladly host the local QA meetings in my area.

Blog Entries
    aint it arwful how we lead the younger gene ration astray with the lov eof quilting? lol.

Hi I'm TreeFrog, and I'm a quilt-aholic, a woodwork-aholic as well as a photog-aholic. In my "spare time" I take care of my house, my husband and son! LOL

This confessional started on Friday which is one of my days off from work and access to all of you. I too must confess proudly to my addiction for fabrics. I've sewn for many years but quilted only the past 5 years. Though some think there is a problem with this addiction I disagree and plan to convent this addiction as long a God allows my hands, my eyes and my sanity allows it. Artistic endeavors have always been encouraged in my family - painting, sculpting, caligraphy, sewing, knitting, crafts, music, woodworking and the list goes on. Looking back over 5 generations we all found our way to some artistic ability to entertain us during our leisure times. And with the help of my every growing stash, good music and a handful of delicious chocolate I will continue to seek help from my buddies on this website, my quilting friends in my guild, fun workshop and all of the challenges this website provide.

My name is Kathy and I am a quilt-o-holic, a sew-o-holic, and a fabric-o-holic and I love it!! I often would rather stay home and quilt than go out to a social event.

Blog Entries
    Hi my name is Mblpffff and I do not have an addiction. I can quit anytime I want to (eye is twitching) I don't need to quilt or sew (hands start trembling) I can move my machine out of the living room (quesy feeling in pit of stomach) and I can go days without.....ummm....uh, OKAY ENOUGH! My is Terri and I'm a quiltaholic! But, if there's a cure, post it on some other Board, okay? LOL

MNM

Quote Originally Posted by Lady-T
    Hello, My name is Theresa and I am a quiltaholic.
    It has been 2 weeks since I last worked on piecing a quilt....ONLY because my machine is in the shop! :)
    Otherwise I'd be in there right now - sewing away!
    This is not good for your health, get a 2nd machine. You could get sick from withdrawal. Maybe you could do hand work.
    MNM

Hi, I am a fabricaholic. I sewed before I got to quilting and I have more fabric than I will ever use, but buy more when it calls to me. My name is Anne

I can't tell you who I am because then you would know me and since i Can't come out of the closet because I am buried under all of the fabric I think you will get the drift. Proud to be a fabriholic and have no plans to change.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    This is way too funny!!!
    We can't be cured unless we really WANT to be and nobody does hahahahahaha

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast