Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilter's Club of America called me today >
  • Quilter's Club of America called me today

• Quilter's Club of America called me today

Old 05-08-2011, 07:01 AM

At first I was so nice & polite but now I listen awhile and then say "No,thank you" and immediately hang up before they can say anything. We we are on a " no calling list "but still get some.
    Old 05-08-2011, 07:05 AM

My number is on the do not call list, and that is what I tell solicitors when they call. I tell them they are being reported, and do not call this number again. After 4 calls, one man actually called and chewed my husband out about how much he had to pay in fines!!! My husband informed him calmy to get ready, because he was going to be paying another one. And we do report violators. Needless to say, we don't get many solicitors calling.
    Old 05-08-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by joyce888
    That is bad. But they also get you with renewal mailings. About 4 or 5 years ago I started keeping tabs on when a subscription would expire and the date I would renew. The mag companys are notorious for sending notices "Your subscription is about to expire" when in reality it isn't going to expire for months. At one time I had 4 years of F&P paid for. Now I track them on line and ditch those notices until it's about 2 months from expiration.
    That exact thing happened to me. Only I didn't notice it until I'd renewed so many times I had 6 years worth of issues coming to me LOL!! Now I'm MUCH more careful about renewing.
    Old 05-08-2011, 07:07 AM

The are toooo expensive and rude to top it off.
    Old 05-08-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by virgwid
    That is why nobody but my close friends and my work have my true phone number. Any number I give out to any business is an old one I had years ago. If they want to contact me they are free to do so thru my email. I am a night worker also, and got tired of when nice didn't work I started yelling obsenities at them. Not who I am, but who I was becoming. I only get an occasional wrong number now. Peace reigns. Virg
    Oh! So it's your calls I've been getting! I use a number that goes to a local weather recording.
    Old 05-08-2011, 07:26 AM

When I get one of those calls and I say no and they persist I just tell them I am broke and when and if I get spare money I will put them at the bottom of my list after the around the world cruise I want. Then I hang up.
    Old 05-08-2011, 07:27 AM

I am on the do not call list, but it's exempt for anyone you've done business with (I guess doing any business with a company gives them unspoken consent to contact you). Also exempt for non-profits and political organizations. I will be sure to tell them to take me off next time. I was so sleepy I couldn't even think straight. I don't have caller id or anything like that. This is from the website:

#
    If I register my number on the National Do Not Call Registry, will it stop all telemarketing calls?

No. Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most telemarketing calls, but not all. Because of limitations in the jurisdiction of the FTC and FCC, calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted, as would calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship, or those to whom you’ve provided express agreement in writing to receive their calls. However, if you ask a company with which you have an existing business relationship to place your number on its own do-not-call list, it must honor your request. You should keep a record of the date you make the request.
    Old 05-08-2011, 07:29 AM

We had a friend that got a call about new siding. He told them "Great would like siding The bank just foreclosed on me last week so would appreciate new siding. Needless to say they hung up and never called back
    Old 05-08-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by janjj
    We had a friend that got a call about new siding. He told them "Great would like siding The bank just foreclosed on me last week so would appreciate new siding. Needless to say they hung up and never called back
    Or vacuum salemen.I just tell them I have a dirt floor. :)
    sass
    Old 05-08-2011, 07:43 AM

I would have replyed "Just what part of I'm not interested and said NO do you not understand" I really don't like when they do not listen.