Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The Quilting FuPaw >

The Quilting FuPaw

The Quilting FuPaw

Old 11-21-2010, 07:13 AM

You poor thing! This is why I bought the Accuquilt GO as I knew it was just a matter of time for me. Hope you heal fast and that Santa brings you some cutting gloves like they use on Fons and Porter TV shows.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:13 AM

I did the same thing a month ago with my left index finger. Didn't go to the medical route, but spent lots and lots of time soaking in peroxide, which hurt like the dickens but healed it fast!

Also, be careful of that Olfa circle cutter. I was trying to close the blade and severly cut my thumb and index finger on my right hand! Keep sharp things away from me!!!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:17 AM

I think we have all tried to use our blade until we absolutely had to change them. I learned the hard way too. When it starts to slip, change the blade. I am sure the hospital run cost more than a new blade. Get well soon!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:19 AM

Wow now I knowhow lucky I was when I only did a little cut on my thumb.........bled like a fountain though. Someone suggested you keep some of that new skin around for the little nicks.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:26 AM

My biggest fear!!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

Oh, I hope you are doing better. I know how traumatic a deep cut is. Heck, I get nauseous when I nick myself with a razor or kitchen knife. I made myself use the Gypsy Grippers, I have all three sizes. Now I feel like I forgot to fasten my seatbelt if I don't use them for every ruler. I am still a little scared of my rotary cutter and I've been using one for years. I dropped it and it put a deep cut in the top of my foot and I knew better then to wear slippers in the sewing room. It hurt a lot and the ER bill after insurance would have paid for The Go and every die made for it.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:50 AM

I hope you didn't bleed on your fabric!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by OHSue
I hope you didn't bleed on your fabric!
LOL
Old 11-21-2010, 08:42 AM

So sorry to here about your thumb. Take the time for it to heal completly so you'll be able to quilt again. My daughter cut her finger with one of those wavey rotary cutters while at school. Bled like a son of a gun but healed completly. Good luck.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:47 AM

I can feel your pain, Stef! I did a job on my index finger with the rotary cutter. I decided to use a 'shortcut', using my other hand to cut the material instead of moving my cutting board around. I almost passed out when I saw it. Blood everywhere! It happened on a Friday night so I decided to wait it out until Monday to go to the Dr.'s. 'Couldn't sleep because of the pulsing in my finger for days. Monday the doctor said it was too late to stitch it up so I had to cope with it until it finally healed. Now I have a big scar to remind me not to ever do that again! Some lessons are learned with a lot of pain!!
I hope yours in healing quickly and that it isn't keeping you from quilting for too long.