Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Resolutions 2018 >

Quilting Resolutions 2018

Quilting Resolutions 2018

Old 12-30-2017, 10:00 PM

Just found another goal. I love challenges so:
Ran across an book about acrylic painting on abstracts. I've decided to paint with water miscible oils and want to do one/day. Then <nobr style="color: rgb(54, 47, 45); font-size: inherit; background-color: rgb(252, 250, 240);">make</nobr> a small quilt from the same design.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:15 AM

Our youngest moved out so I claimed that room. Still not completely empty but nearly. When it is cleared I'm washing the walls and moving in! Am excited to organize my stash, tools, machines, and set up room efficiently. Wish me luck! Have ordered a Koala sewing cabinet to be here approx a month so I have a deadline to meet. Also have been working on UFOs and have thrown some away when I realized how much unsewing I'd need to do to get them to the point (maybe) that I'd finish them. Was amazed at how freeing that was! I'm doing the 1 UFO, 1 new project plan even if I toss the UFO. Hey, it's clearing things out, right?
Old 12-31-2017, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
My goal is to spend at least an hour a day in my sewing room -- cleaning and organizing at first, then sewing. Unfortunately, life happens but if I skip a day I will try to make up the next.
QuiltnLady1, my goals resemble yours. I know I'll be skipping some weeks due to travel, but I'm also starting a bullet journal to keep track of projects (progress, ideas, etc.). I've already started culling patterns I want to keep from magazines and logging information about some of my UFOs. But I really want to aim for at least an hour a day...
Old 12-31-2017, 11:11 AM

My goal this year is to finish or move along all of my BOM's and started projects into a finished tops. Just over a year ago, I bought an APQS Lenni and finished every top that was in my house (67 and maybe a few more!). Now it is time to tackle my shoeboxes which each contain a pattern, extra fabric and many completed blocks. Any I decide to not finish will be leaving my house and donated to my guild's Community Projects. I'll probably also start a few new things as I made such good progress this past year. On the plus side, I did learn how to use my longarm machine and all of my family, friends, neighbours and church family got quilts.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:17 AM

I decided to push my skills some by joining a BOM. I chose the Bristol Creek Farmhouse because I just love the quilt and fabric so much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586292[/ATTACH]

I would also like to get much better at FMQ. I may do this by trying out some quilt as you go type projects.
Attached Thumbnails bristolcreekfarmhouse.jpg  
Old 12-31-2017, 11:36 AM

My sewing/quilting goal for 2018 is to spend at least 15 minutes sewing on my days off. I have been very sporadic with my sewing this past year and, unless I'm working on something with a deadline, have had many days that I didn't sew. I plan on changing that in the coming year.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:23 PM

I have only ONE unfinished project that I challenge myself to finish in 2018. All other UFO's and planned-but-unstarteds MUST wait. This is a very-overdue "wedding" quilt for in-laws married 10 years already!