Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: Rejected at the fair, a birthday quilt for my friend

brain dead blind retarded idiots! :) I LOVE it!!!! Such creativity! Maybe thats it. The only county fairs I have been to the "kit" arts won - no matter quilt, paint, crossstitch, etc. Don't know what to do with genuine talent.

Blog Entries
    As for the judges....humph! Your quilt is cute and I bet your friend will always treasure it! :thumbup:

I think it's wonderful!! And your label is darling!

Well, I love it. But just who do I think I am??? Beautiful work. It's a blue ribbon in my book.

It's adorable, they just haven't figured out the flow yet...LOL

I haven't introduced myself yet but I'm a quilter living in Georgia and I just have to tell you, your remarks have given me a very good laugh for the day. I lurk any opportunity I get as I know someone will always have something to say that will give me a good laugh.

Blog Entries
    What does "didn't flow" mean??? Never heard that as a quilting term....hummmm. Sounds like a self-appointed "quilt policeman" to me. Oh well...we will admire it here and give you praise and uplifting comments. Nearly as good as being in the fair, no??? :-) I like your birthday quilt. Very cheery, and I'm sure the recipient was thrilled. That's all the confirmation you really need, right??

the snobs! it looks like it was fun to make and even more fun to have. that gives it a blue ribbon in my book

Don't know what "didn't flow" means. But I think your quilt is very imaginative, beautiful and totally, fantastically unique. It wins a ribbon in my book. Great job on it!!!

Soooooooooooo cute - don't know what they were looking for.

Blog Entries
    That's an adorable, and very creative quilt, I can't imagine why they would reject it. I've definitely seen worse quilts at a show, I thought fairs were for everybody.

ok, have to add my 2 cents as well.....didn't flow??? Flow where?? Give me a break. I love it! And I think EVERY quilt deserves to be displayed and appreciated for their individuality and uniqueness.

How old and blind were the judges?? I think it is very creative and you should be proud of it and they should be thrown into quilters jail until the fair is over!

Blog Entries
    I think it's great.

Judging, in many competitions, is so subjective as to be completely arbitrary. Please do not take it to heart.

I used to be very competitive in photography when I was younger. It got so that I won awards in nearly every event I entered. Then I entered one of my very finest photographs, one that had won multiple awards, in another competition where it did not even merit an honorable mention. I knew it was good, so just because that judge did not agree did not bother me so much.

Follow your instincts and do not be put off by this one event. Just rise above it.

Quote Originally Posted by crashnquilt
    Does not flow? HUH????????????????? I think your "fair" needs some new judges. If you give me the address, I have LOTS of extra reader glasses I'll be happy to donate to them.

Please don't take their offensive message to heart. I've been quilting for years, seen tons of quilts as well, and I think this is one of the cutest quilts I've laid my old eyes on!

Keep up the beautiful work! Tell those judges if they want "flow" to go to the river they should see plenty there!
    You couldn't have said it better......the quilt is very good :thumbup:

I think it meant it would show the other quilters up. I'd hate to have that beauty being judged next to one of mine.

I enjoyed all of the comments so much I can't stop smiling!

Power Poster
    It looks adorable to me.

That is ridiculous! Sounds to me like they had their favorite long time friends that entered & didn't want any newbies. Small towns are like that. I lived in a small town for 28 years (until a year ago) & they was the worst. If you wasn't in their click then forget it. I think your quilt is very pretty & unique. Please don't let them discourage you because you are doing great!

Was this the Mountain State Fair? Do you live at Alexander in Buncombe County? That is my address, as well.

Blog Entries
    Madison county

I think it's adorable. Definately a one of a kind. Those judges just don't know what they are talking aobut. I vote for new judges.

was told that it didn't "FLOW" ?? Gee, what did they drank before they saw it? It could just flow into my house anytime!!

I also agree that I don't understand "doesn't flow" with regards to the quilt.

What is supposed to flow...the design? The fabric? It isn't a drink, after all. :)

Yikes...I think it's unique and really amazing work. Very cute.

Shame on the judges! As far as I'm concerned, it's an original piece of art designed (commisssioned) especially for one person.

I think you did a wonderful job & I bet your friend did, too!

Finally, a calorie-free birthday cake!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8