Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Retreat questions????? >

Retreat questions?????

Retreat questions?????

Old 08-19-2010, 07:11 PM

I wanna go! The price is great! Our retreat Friday 2:00 to Sunday 4:00 is $250. There are 60 of us. Always have a great time.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:32 AM

Don't overwhelm yourself by taking toooooo much. two quilt tops cut out is plenty. I always take a little hand work too. My own chair is a must. That is a bargin price. Have a great time.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:57 AM

I have my own little ironing board that I made from a flat wooden tv tray with several layers of felt and then a muslin cover that I like to take with me along with a small iron.
Last retreat I found silicone iron rests at Hancocks clearanced out for 25 cents each. I bought all they had, used fat quarters from my stash to make bags and took little "Hi, glad we're getting together" gifts for everyone. Not necessary but fun and cheap. One lady brought a pan of brownies to share, another a big bucket of fresh peaches from her own tree.

Make sure you take a pen and a notebook. At our retreats if someone is using a technique that someone else doesn't know we teach each other how to do it. Being able to take notes helps.

Other than that you might take a book to read to unwind right before going to sleep.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
I wanna go! The price is great! Our retreat Friday 2:00 to Sunday 4:00 is $250. There are 60 of us. Always have a great time.
WOW, our retreats are only $35 per night. We have to take or get our own food but . . . . . . . . We have large to huge well lit sewing rooms, 6 large design walls, large cutting tables, irons and ironing boards, comfy beds, large kitchens, and best of all, an attached FABRIC STORE! Too bad you don't live closer to Illinois/Indiana border.
http://www.threadsoftimefab.com
This is where I go to retreat. There's an open one every two months from 3pm on Sunday to 1pm on Thursday. The next one is the last week of September.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:19 AM

I love quilt retreats. They are the best--sewing and girlfriend time. I keep a sewing packing list on my computer so when I get ready to pack I print that out. I'm less likely to forget something that way, but it's no guarantee!! I think what I forgot in my early retreat years was extra bobbins, thread and lights. Have a great time.