Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotor Blades

Some of these coupons may not be at all stores. Our store advertises "a Huge Sale for 8/27 - 8/28" and nothing about coupons. By the way, I cleaned out their supply of blades. I picked up 10 packs and left nada on the shelf. I don't even feel guilty. That's bad!!

For the record, everything I saw in that store is "Made in China" including these blades. I broke my own rules as I made an effort to look for USA made products.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilla
    I picked up 10 packs and left nada on the shelf. I don't even feel guilty. That's bad!!
    Finders keepers losers weepers applies to all sales on quilting items. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Momsmurf
    Quote Originally Posted by grammo013
    After reading about carpet cutter blades at arbor Freight, I made hubby take me out there.

2 to a package and only $1.45 WOOHOO. I bought 10 packages before they discover quilters are using them and raise the price. They are super sharp. think they are made sharper as carpet is tough. Cut like going through butter.

Girl in store said they will have to limit how many a person can buy at a time. They are dangerous. I looked at her and "I am 61 years old I know how to use a blade and one will cut someone just as well at 20."

Always trying to take our bonuses away lol.

When I describe my rotary cutter to anyone (non-quilter) I tell them that it's a rolling scalpel. : = )
    Or a razor sharp pizza cutter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilla
    I picked up 10 packs and left nada on the shelf. I don't even feel guilty. That's bad!!
    Finders keepers losers weepers applies to all sales on quilting items. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I like that!!! First come, first served!! 8-) 8-)

What will the Harbor Freight blades do to our cutting mats if they are sharper? Will we have to replace them sooner?

I ordered mine!!! I, too, am more than happy to wait for the backorder to come in. Thanks for the tip and heads up on this great idea!!!

Blog Entries
    My husband just got home with mine. He got me 10 and the cutter and it came to $15. He said there was a lady in front of him getting a bunch. She told him I must read the same blog she does. LOL

Thanks for the word! I bought a bunch today and there was even a coupon in the Sunday insert this week for 20% off one item and another for a free flashlight! I made off like a bandit!

Quote Originally Posted by ManQuilter66
    What will the Harbor Freight blades do to our cutting mats if they are sharper? Will we have to replace them sooner?
    They look just like the ones that we have been purchasing. I'm thinking that we might not have to apply as much pressure then the mats will last. Or not, and then the LQS will stay in business! :)

Our Lowe's & Home Depot plus carpet stores told they did not have them & NEVER heard of them. They knew nothing of what I was talking about they said!!!!

HF must wonder what is going on with all the buyup of the blades. I went to our store here in Billings and they first said they were out and wouldn't have any in for 2 weeks. She gave me a raincheck and looked up info. for sure and then said the warehouse was out so it would be like 3 weeks. They can't deny that business on blades have really picked up lately. :)

Lucky you all!!! I can't get to our local stores (3 in the area) until this weekend. I'm so afraid they will already be out by the time I get there. Here's hoping!!!

We were in Wichita, KS today and I checked the Harbor Freight store for the rotary cutter blades. I bought 5 packages and left the rest for other quilters. :D Who knew a tool store could be so great!

Quote Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    Lucky you all!!! I can't get to our local stores (3 in the area) until this weekend. I'm so afraid they will already be out by the time I get there. Here's hoping!!!
    You can call them and they might save them for you.
    I called last night and they only had two sets. I said I could not get there till 2:00 the next day. They said they would hold them for me.
    I went today and it took awhile before they found them but finally they did.
    They also said they have a new delivery that will be in stock tomorrow, so I may have the chance to buy more tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    I will let you know.

I am in Pa and went to a store today and they were totally out. Also, tried to order them online, but they would only let you order 1 pkg. Well when I am on my way home to AZ the end of Sept. I will have to try other stores on the way.

Dee
    Thanks for sharing. WHat a great discovery. Thanks for sharing.

This is the same price that JHittle charges, but you order them in a package of 20 for about $15. You will pay postage but if you have an order for $100 you get free shipping!
    http://jhittlesewing.funoverload.com...ls/page_1.html

I usually order 40 or 50 blades at a time and offer them to friends. He has a lot of good deals on sewing supplies.

I did ask at Harbor Freight if this was an item they kept in stock and the answer was "yes" so when you are looking at the web site and find your local store , job down the phone number. I called to see if thy had them in stock, and they did. Let your fingers do the walking!

someone mentioned the store ads not having the coupon and that is true. These are special ads that appear in some smaller publications like the weekly coupons. I have not seen them in the store nor had them offered to me there.

Perhaps someone will find another source. The sales lady said she thought they had them at Michael's. I never went there to look.

June

checked on "Home Depot" on line.......only saw straight blades......no rotary blades that I could find....just a FYI, dear quilting people !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carolevidak
    I am in Pa and went to a store today and they were totally out. Also, tried to order them online, but they would only let you order 1 pkg. Well when I am on my way home to AZ the end of Sept. I will have to try other stores on the way.
    I just ordered 10 packages online for me and my sisters.

Thanks for the info!! I will definitely order when they are back in stock!

I bought 6 pkgs today in Shreveport! I love changing blades without cringing about the cost!!!!! Do the quilting companies realize we would use many, many more blades if they were priced fairly?

I just found 5 packs at a store near my son. He is going to go get them for me tomorrow!!!
    Doing the happy dance!!!!!

Thank you all for the info on this topic. I am vacationing in Portland, Oregon and read of the rotary blades yesterday. Lo and behold, we passed a Harbor Freight store today and I was able to get 19 packages. If I waited until I got home to California, it probably would have been too late. I also found some great little plastic clips that I think might be good for holding my quilt sandwiches together. I can't wait to try out my new loot!

Blog Entries
    show us pictures or a link to the clips

Cannot find these in the UK, HF web-site does not list UK for postage. Anyone know different? or of anywhere else they can be bought so cheaply? Replacement blades in UK 3.95 for one!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast