Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotor Blades

I got on the internet and went looking for rotor blades, the only place kept coming up was your HF and they were on back order. I still will try the Bunnings store but if all fails can I ask some one here to get me some and the cost and I will send you a money order for the full amount in Australian Dollars plus postage. Will that be alright.

I am a little confused,can I use these blades in my Fiskars 45 rotary cutter?
    I love the price!
    Christina (Chrissy)

Thank you, I was unsure if they would fit, Christina(chrissy)

Blog Entries
    They also sell a rotary cutter that goes with the blades. The cutter is $4.00 and comes with three blades. For $4.00 it is certainly worth it to me to have a cutter that I know will work with the blades, but someone did write in earlier and said that they will fit any cutter except one. I checked back on these messages and came up with - they fit Fiskars, Olfa, Dritz and Martelli -- they do NOT fit Clover. Hope that helps. I can just see Harbor Freight getting their undies in a knot. They don't know what it going on here. If you read from the beginning this is all over the United States. It is unbelievable how this gets going. Lucky HF - poor Fons and Porter and Hancock and JoAnn's. Now if we could also do this in our local grocery store and Target and K-Mart. Now if we could only find these blades that are made right here in the good old USA. It would be a real shame if the blades we are all buying up are made in China and F&P, Olfa and Fiskars are made in the USA. Olfa is made in Japan. I just checked my unopened blade packet. I check on it and let you all know when I pick my blades and cutter at 9:00 this morning!

Good hunting! Edie

Annya,
    I cannot stop looking at your quilt picture. It is beautiful and I would love to see it but I do not see a trip to Australia in my future. Would you share how it is made: applique, embroidery, machine embroidery ...? If it is one of yours, did you ever post a picture in one of the conversations so I could see more of it?
    Thank you.
    Gee

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I visited my local HF yesterday. They had just 3 packs of two left. I grab all three. My son ask me what I wanted those for. I explained to him that the regular rotor blades in a fabric shop are $8-$9 each and these were $1.49 for two. I do have a question though for those who have used these. Do they cut into your mat? I really would not like to ruin my selfhealing mat.

I ordered some from FHT, he said they are back ordered til October 1st. I said "that is just fine"! :)

Thanks for this info. I will go to my HF and see what they have locally. Also, another thing I purchased at HF was a 4" magnetic parts tray for my pins. Does not affect my computerized machines at all and I believe it was $1.99.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
    Isn't there a rotory blade sharpener out there? Could have swore I saw one before. Hmmmm, now there's a new item to look for out there. ;-)
    Keepsake Quilter catalog (newest one) has a "Grace TrueCut Rotary Blade Sharpener - "Sharpen your blade without removing from the cutter! Just a few strokes of your cutter along this sharpener with a non-skid bottom makes for safe and easy sharpening. Works best on 45 mm rotary cutters. 11-3/4x3-1/8" #9443 - Sit down first (this is Edie speaking here)_ --- $39.99!

I'd rather get the two for $1.49! There has to be some kind of knife sharpener that would do the same darn thing! Lots of money for that I think. Edie

Blog Entries
    I wonder if there is a carpet supply that carrys the rotor blades.. Hmmm yet another place to look. :-D
    I bought one of their blade cutters. Don't waste your money. The fabric would have to fit between the blade and the plastic bottom. Kind of hard to explain. But I actually got it to get the three extra blades. I'll put the cutter in the basement and if I ever do any carpeting, I'll have one. They are $4.00. You wouldn't be able to use it on fabric. Edie

Quote Originally Posted by Edie
    Isn't there a rotory blade sharpener out there? Could have swore I saw one before. Hmmmm, now there's a new item to look for out there. ;-)
    Keepsake Quilter catalog (newest one) has a "Grace TrueCut Rotary Blade Sharpener - "Sharpen your blade without removing from the cutter! Just a few strokes of your cutter along this sharpener with a non-skid bottom makes for safe and easy sharpening. Works best on 45 mm rotary cutters. 11-3/4x3-1/8" #9443 - Sit down first (this is Edie speaking here)_ --- $39.99!

I have yet to find one that worked. They all sound good until you get them home and try them.

I'd rather get the two for $1.49! There has to be some kind of knife sharpener that would do the same darn thing! Lots of money for that I think. Edie

Availabe here in Kalamazoo at the Harbor Freight on Stadium Dr in the old K-Mart Plaza. Bought some yesterday!

Blog Entries
    SHUT UP..... Harbor Freight???? Oh you ladies scare me you are so smart..... I'm sending the hubster over to get me some.....
    THANKS!!!!
    Ellen

I purchased 5 sets (there were 10 but I didn't want to take them all) today ...

My husband looked at me funny until I told him what I wanted them for ... and he said ... "The fabric won't know where you bought them so there is no difference" :D

I also found some gloves for quilting for $2.00 ... it's got the rubber grips on them already ... I love Harbor Freight!

Gee Hope, the quilt is made up of many different blocks some are designed by Diane Johnson, others from magazines and the bird bathe was from an ad that I blew up and added my own birds from yet another pattern. I made it for my mum as a surprise which she saw first time at our quilt show. It took several times told before she realized that it was hers. I did that a few year later with a big cross stitch of a lady in a hat. I like doing things like that for her.

After seeing the post about these blades I asked a friend that works in Austin to check out the HF near her work. They were out but the one south had some so she went by fri after work and got 14 pk. We had one of our meeting yesterday and sold ever one we had. and could have sold more.

I will try again to send the photo Gee Hope. I made the quilt from different blocks. A lot were designed by Diane Johnson. Others were in the Patchwork and Quilting books and the bird bath was an ad which I blew up to the size I wanted and added my own thing like the birds etc. There are 17 blocks in a BOM my quilt group when I first started. All needle turn applique and hand quilted (first for both) I am glad you like it--Mum did too when she found out it was for her. I have also did a big cross stitch of a lady in a hat with a Pekenese dog in her arms. I like giving her surprises like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OH Annya, What a lucky Mum you have!!! Smiles and hugs!!

What are the fabric stores going to do with all of the replacemnt blades on their shelves? Have they gotten the message yet? I went yesterday to Joann's, $7.99 + tax for ONE BLADE. Make sure you'll get your share as you know JoAnn's etc. are going to get even when they find out what we did.

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Well I did just get a flyer from Joann's and they have the rotory cutter blades on sale 40% off. LOL, think anyone told them?

Blog Entries
    Well I did just get a flyer from Joann's and they have the rotory cutter blades on sale 40% off. LOL, think anyone told them?
    But on the other hand wait'll Harbor Freight finds out what JoAnn's and the rest of the fabric shops have been getting for their blades! Stock up people, the end is near!!!!!!!!

It would be fun and interesting to find out how many of us have purchased the blades in the last week and how many packs (of 2). I will start out:

1. Edie - 20

deedum=12 packs (backordered til October fyi)

Quote Originally Posted by deedum
    deedum=12 packs (backordered til October fyi)
    Gilla - 15

For those of us on Backorder, may I suggest since we are not charged until products ship, you may want to go to the HF page selling them and PRINT out a copy of the page with current price you purchased at so you have 'ammunition' just in case they catch on and raise the price. You know that 'supply & demand' thing. It'll get ya every time.

Blog Entries
    Actually, lets hope that HF does not get wise and raise their price.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast