Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Santa please send me a Bernina Embroidery Machine >

Santa please send me a Bernina Embroidery Machine

Santa please send me a Bernina Embroidery Machine

Old 11-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Power Poster

I have had lots of luck buying many things on Ebay but when I wanted to invest in a much better machine I went to my LQS. I found a Pfaff I love and being it was last years model I got a great price. This way if there are any problems someone is right here to help me. Free lessons and all are a bonus. Also her husband is the person who does all repairs and warranty work so I have someone local for that too.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:14 PM

I have a Viking Designer 1 Embroidery machine and love it. Bought it from a dealer. Good choice as I can get help when I need it. I would never buy a machine without warranty.

I just sold my Viking 6570on craigslistt. There you can look at
Old 11-23-2009, 07:55 PM

I purchased a Babylock on E-Bay. It was brand new. The lady had purchased two of them and apparently thought she could do commercial embroidery with them and was disappointed when that was not the case. Her dealer would not take them back. One had been used very little and the other not at all. I got the new one. All attachments were still sealed in plastic and the machine had never been unpacked from its original case. I knew the warrantly would not be any good but haven't had any problems with it. I also purchased separately the instruction manual and that has been a tremendous help. Also purchased additional 15" X 15" hoop and electronics so I can do jacket backs. It's a wonderful combination. I have also purchased Singer Featherweights and other machiines off E-Bay and most were carefully packed and exactly as the seller described.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:01 PM

If you are thinking aobut buying a used machine check out the SewItsForSale group on Yahoo. I have not bought a machine there, but have gotten several other things and every deal has worked out well. You can put out an In Search Of notice and folks will come to you with their offers.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:59 AM

They have already suggested it but I would find a Bernia or what ever machine you would like and look for a used one with them. I got my Brother ULT used came with training and a 1 year warranty plus they said if I want to up grade I'll get what I paid for it. That is the only way I would buy a machine is with a dealer, besides they can stear you towards the right one, since they know how it was used and taken care of (for the most part). Good luck and enjoy.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Banned

Sorry, I only do hand embroidery, but I sure hope Santa gives you one. FINGERS CROSSED
Old 11-24-2009, 07:28 AM

I agree with the others in that you do not want to buy a Bernina on Ebay. Buy your machine locally (as close as possible) from an authorized dealer. I had a 730 and recently traded for the new 830. I do a lot a machine embroidery. Whatever you get you will probably want to take some classes to learn what all your machine can do, and you can't get that if you buy on Ebay. My dealer gives free unlimited classes if you buy your machine from her, and she has some great used machines at good prices too. Bernina is running a holiday special now through January 4th I think. If you purchase $1000 or more on your Bernina credit card (get it from your dealer), they offer 18 months of no interest financing. They don't list pricing, but you can get a lot of info on www.berninausa.com. Good luck on your decision!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:40 AM

I agree with the others. Don't buy something this expensive on Ebay. I got a used 440QE from the nearest Bernina dealer in July for about 1/2 the price of a new one and it came with the BSR. It is about 5 years old and I got the remainder of the 20 year warranty with it. I loved it so much, I went back 3 weeks later and got the embroidery module. The dealer didn't have any used emb. mod. but gave me a great deal on a new one. I am in love. I have just learned to make free standing lace and have made some beautiful snowflakes for my tree. Also have made organza pointsettias and have used embroidery designs to decorate a cosmetic bag and pencil case for my daughter.

Oh, my dealer offered free classes for my machine and emb module, which I took and felt very helpful. He also invites you to come, sit down and play with the machines on display. I strongly suggest you do that....sit down and use the machine yourself before making your decision.

Hope Santa is good to you.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:42 AM

Thank You!!!!!!!!! Everyone's advice has been soooo helpful!

Maybe I can talk Santa into going to the Bernina shop on Black Friday :) Think they have a door buster deal at 5am?
Old 11-24-2009, 09:48 AM

I think they have a huge sale going on right now. Tossed my flyer so. I know it started on November 19th. Call your shop and find it. Santa always likes it when people keep him informed on sales.