Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16

Thread: share your other hobbies

Quote Originally Posted by debp33
    Quote Originally Posted by golfer
    I enjoy gardening, reading, and playing golf when the weather gets nicer. So everything takes a back seat even quilting.
    I know what you mean.

When my gardening starts, quilting typically slows WAAY down.
    My gardening has to be modified and moderated a lot, so I still get a good deal of quilting done in summer. I can't tolerate the heat either so when it's over 75, or the work is in the sun, I'm inside playing with my fabric! I get the best of both worlds. :D

I'm a dog/cat rescuer of 13 years. We specialize in ones with social/behavioral problems, semi-feral cats, and puppy mill survivors.

Your postcards are great

I collect old dolls and dress some of the newer ones. I like to cross stitch and make cards when the mood takes me that way, as well as some crotchet. At the moment My thoughts are on my ailing mum who doesn't have long to go. she was a great mentor about things other than sewing.

Quote Originally Posted by wraez
    I've been addicted to making fabric postcards for swapping online in several yahoo postcard groups.

Lately I've been feeling a bit burned out on them and wanting to get back to quilting.
    Wow, how pretty!

nhnative ... thanks .

I'm originally from Canton / Akron Oh area.

brrrrr, the snow in your photo reminds me why I like living in CA ... where I can see the snow on surrounding mt tops. Altho we did get some snow in January, maybe an inch that didn't last 24hrs., LOL

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

Hi

I've only been in Cuyahoga Falls for 4 years. I moved here from New Hampshire where we really had lots more snow than Ohio. This winter here we've had 63 inches and everyone is complaining. Today and yesterday it's been in the 60's but it looks like some snow next week. The only thing I don't like about the weather here is the hot humid summer. I'd rather have it be in the 50's. Pat

Quote Originally Posted by nhnative
    Hi

I've only been in Cuyahoga Falls for 4 years. I moved here from New Hampshire where we really had lots more snow than Ohio. This winter here we've had 63 inches and everyone is complaining. Today and yesterday it's been in the 60's but it looks like some snow next week. The only thing I don't like about the weather here is the hot humid summer. I'd rather have it be in the 50's. Pat
    We lived in Stow for 19 years. 4 of my grandkids still live in Stow and my daughter and her family, with my other 2 grandkids live in Cuyahoga Falls. I am over there visiting several times a year!!
    Hugs and happy quilting.

It's really a nice area. The Cuyahoga Valley National Park has so much going on. You've had a lot more snow where you live. My son also lives in the Fall and I have 1 granddaughter. I can't wait for the yard sales to start. Pat

I enjoy knitting, crocheting,gardening, Scrapbooking, Im pretty new to quilting,tho i love it. I enjoy very much coming on line to visit here and read lots of topic's. I enjoy cooking. That fills my days.

Blog Entries
    I love to machine knit, designing original patterns :-D

Goosie is wearing her spring frock
    Name:  Attachment-171495.jpe
Views: 41
Size:  113.6 KB

I loom knit on handheld looms (knifty knitter). Trying to learn to make socks. Mostly make baby hats and deliver to hospital and prayer shawls the church delivers.

Blog Entries
    wraez, LOVE your postcards! :thumbup:

In Jan. I start with sewing carpet rags, then quilt till spring. When Gardening takes over I have work till frost. I have 21 flower gardens, 2 vegetable gardens, 12 apple trees, 2 plum trees, 2 peach trees. 3 mulberry trees, 4 pear trees,3 cherry trees. Grapes, Walnut trees, kiwi`s, Raspberries,black berries,boyson berries, strawberries and a few others. Last fall every thing was spotless before it froze. Then the first part of fall is canning, and house cleanning. Weh it gets cold out I crochet for family & charity.

My husband and I train our (five) Labrador Retrievers for Hunt Test and Field Trials. It involves a lot of travel, which makes it really hard to quilt!

I have more hobbies than time too. Knitting, spinning, and occasional I will get the loom out. Then I also enjoy embroidery - surface and crewel, reading (listening to books while I craft), fountain pens, and writing (both letters and just dabbling in the craft). Then there is a menagerie of pets, the house and the husband. I work part-time, part-time - less than 20 hours a week normally and it still seems like I don't have time to get there.

Oh and photography - how can I forget that one. I actually booked a few gigs lately and that could get bigger than I ever planned.

Your quilt cards are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaofeight
    My husband and I train our (five) Labrador Retrievers for Hunt Test and Field Trials. It involves a lot of travel, which makes it really hard to quilt!
    What talented folks we are...we should give ourselves a pat on the back. Yeah!

Blog Entries
    taking pictures, doing family history and stories

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16