Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: share your other hobbies

Quote Originally Posted by Jennalyn
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennalyn
    Jill, thank you! When I first started, I used picture tutorials on a site called "Rattributes" to figure out the basic construction of a flat hammock, tunnel, etc. Then I started connecting the dots and seeing how to make various different types from the same basic principles. Ferret hammocks are made in the same ways, just a bit larger, so I whipped up some for friends as a test run. They were actually the first things to prompt me to touch a sewing machine!
    I would love to see pics of your rats relaxing in their hammocks and playing with their toys. I had a pet rat when I was young-his name was Checkers. He was all white and I loved him to bits!
    Aww, I love white ratties! I'm adopting a pair of pale cream girls to join my colony next month, my first lighter-colored babies. I have four at the moment.

The only pictures I have of my guys are in hammocks made by other people. :lol: But I make the same kinds! I just tend to gift or trade them.
    My older boys had rats and they were the smartest, kindest pets! I will admit, it took me a bit to get over their "tails on my neck" but our one rat was a lovebug. They can be excellent pets!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa
    I also enjoy doing cross-stitch and embroidery, making jewelry, baking, reading. I want to make some cloth dolls, and do some 1/12th scale stuff for my dollhouse kit.
    I'd LOVE to see your doll house. I made some "rugs" for a friend of mine and it was so much fun. I never had a dollhouse as a kid and have always wanted to make one. I even have big plans on how to make an in-laid floor...LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
    I race pigeons :lol:
    RACE PIGEONS? How do you race pigeons?

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    I used to tole paint but haven't picked up a paintbrush in years. I guess I would just rather be spending my time quilting. Here are some pictures of my work. Again, totally all cat....
    Those are AWESOME!!! Do you do work for others?

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Let's see.....besides quilting and sewing, (and this board) crocheting, gardening, painting - watercolors, beading, reading, cooking....no wonder I'm tired....LOL

Read
    Garden
    Cross stitch (used to all the time)

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Quote Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
    I race pigeons :lol:
    RACE PIGEONS? How do you race pigeons?
    You have to flap your wings really, really fast?

Blog Entries
    Read, and of course grow things. I try to add one wooden cabinet/built in every year to my house, am measuring now, between sewing bursts, for a window seat in my tiny dining room. Already put in one in the front room on South side, then made drapes with poly batting to keep out the heat.

Making dolls from scratch and dressing them in 1880s styles, leg O'Mutton sleeves and bustles that make them look like they are being followed by the rear end of a horse!!

Victorian doll houses. I have one in my bedroom that's been there for many years, every now and then I drag it out and glue on some more wooden coffee stirrers for clap boards on the outside of it. Every one I make, in one room or another, I put a framed mini picture of my mother above a fireplace.

Quilting...I've grown to hate the one I'm working on now, ice cream cone quilt number 3. I have done every mistake known to man/woman kind on this one, but probably because of tiredness, usually work on it after midnight. I will be SO glad to get it in the mail!!! Or maybe I'll take it to them on the plane and use it as a wrap on the cold planes!!!

I love to do counted cross stitch. The ones I do the most now are the Paula Vaughan quilt pics. They are beautiful. I have even started keeping some for myself.

In my spare time, I quilt, read, and I've been learning Japanese for just over a year. Japanese is my biggest hobby right now, taking precedence over even my quilting... kanji is a beast. One that is being tamed, but requires a lot of study time!

My other hobbies are just like many of you; Crochet, Doll clothes, Pjs, sewing fun things, stamping, card making,scrapbooking, quilling(not to be confused with quilting), and Polymer Clay.

Blog Entries
    I make jewelry :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Besides oil painting (figures) and knitting, my most time-consuming hobby (lately after quilting) is family history research / genealogy. I even make a little $$ from it as I help people either get started on their own research, conduct the research for them, or help them on a particularly challenging "brick wall".

feline fanatic, your work is awesome!
    Jennalyn, love the rats! Their whiskers are so cute!

I make some jewlry, have a huge garden, make alot of cards too.

I am a waterfowl & turkey hunter. In fact I am the president of the only ladies-only waterfowl chapter of Delta Waterfowl. (you could check us out at: http://www.michiganoutofdoorstv.com/...fm?VideoID=100 ) I also enjoy kayaking, pistol shooting and camping.

Power Poster
    I read, counted cross stitch, I know how to crochet but haven't done anything recently, sudoku puzzles, and I play Freecell hand held solitare game, and right now I am trying to work on that toothbrush rag rug.

I collect scrapbooking supplies!Notice, I didn't say I was a scrapbooker!

Most all of the above............except no rats here! Or hunting, or Japanese. Some I haven't done in a while....some I may never do again!

Blog Entries
    Gardenning,, cooking, reading, cross stitch, knitting,

Have I left any hours in the day?

I did that! Will you share your blog with us? My sister is doing it this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by debp33
    I love to take pictures. I haven't done it much in the last year, but now I started a blog where I post a picture each day of something I did, created, saw that was interesting/boring, somewhere I went, etc.

My plan is to do it for 365 days straight.

I like photography, crocheting, knitting, gardening, reading, travel, slowly trying to teach myself German and Russian, have people in my home pretty consistently so by necessity cooking, also I'm an EMT.

I spend about 3 hours almost everyday at the piano--one with my son and his lesson and the other two practicing my own pieces. That's taking up all my free time lately but I still find time to read these boards and keep up on sports!!

I read every day, garden in all seasons, love to cook, knit and hand embroidery on occasion, do oil painting when the mood strikes, and sew for my family and home when inspired (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Plain Jane
    I did that! Will you share your blog with us? My sister is doing it this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by debp33
    I love to take pictures. I haven't done it much in the last year, but now I started a blog where I post a picture each day of something I did, created, saw that was interesting/boring, somewhere I went, etc.

My plan is to do it for 365 days straight.
    Right here: http://debzpicaday.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast