Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: share your other hobbies

I love to ride my motorcycle, do scrapbooking and knitting but now with my new found hobby of quilting, I don't have alot of time for scrapping and knitting. Just waiting for some warm weather to get my bike out!

Blog Entries
    I also crochet, knit, read, cook, garden (when the ground isn't frozen) and hand embroider.

mosaics--I thought I posted but must have glitched. they are gorgeous. I am amazed at taking disparate pieces of porcelain and glass and making objects that look like they came that way, like they were clearly Meant to be that way. very precise work as well.

Thank you. It's nice to hear.
    It was a special order for a ladies house, and she
    loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchofclass2
    Wow! We are all so talented. Love it. I love ceramics, oil painting (haven't done this for years), genealogy, crochet, knitting, jewelry making, wood burning, sewing; purses, carry-on bags, totes, corn bags, curtains & draperies, gardening. Some of my work below:
    Wonderful paintings! and bags! I'm impressed by your talent.....

Make candles

i think more than anything i like to read...also needlepoint, knit and crochet

I am stunned at our variety and funny to me is that I am seeing so many things that I wanted to try some day but never did. I have some limits now that I did not have in years past but I am going to find a way to get away from my loving family and have a little damned time to myself and start something new. I am at the point in my life where I don't challenge my brain cells with something new, I will lose them!

Last year I learned to cake decorate and have had a lot of fun making cakes for my family and friends. I have to say I love quilting more because there is less pressure if you donít get it done you can just come back to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

WoW! You gals are making me tired !
    I have enjoyed ceramics, crochet, Do LWR quilts, embrodery, caligraphy,read and also enjoy audio books, and collect music boxes (140 to date) am involed in many church activites (planning a 'Tour of Tables" now - each of us decorates a table - I used music boxes last year, placemats were copies of music that matched the music box) this year I plan on a May Pole table) we serve a full meal with this and have entertainment also.
    Belong to garden club - have lots of floweres and have a veg garden. Love to dance - want to learn clogging but can't find a teacher at this point. Do genalogy.

fidgety - the jewelry you make is it gemstones? I have just begun to learn about the health benefits of gemstones.
    Learning about Qigong also.

I am a golfer, I used to just spend my winters depressed , waiting around for Spring,(We live in eastern WA State, and don't go south, now I can quilt and be happy in winter too. Life is much better.Rita

Hi, you said you make your own laundry soap, how do you do that? : :shock: :shock:

LisaMoreTell....your cakes are stunning!
    Also everyone who posted there crafts online here are awesome!

Unfortunately I collet dirt and bills. UGH

Quote Originally Posted by sewn3w
    Unfortunately I collet dirt and bills. UGH
    Well, that is something. ;0)

Just took up learning to play the Dulcimer. I've had two lessons and play with a group from the church. This too , like quilting, is a wonderful group of people who care for each other and nourish the passion of music.

This is fascinating! Everyone is into so many different types of things yet we all have quilting in common. My hobbies are quilting, fabric collecting, more quilting, more fabric collecting and reading, cooking, and cross stitching. Not as interesting as some of you but keeps me happy.

I'm new to this board and fairly new to quilting. This board has improved my skills a lot! Anyway, my other hobbies include motorcycle touring with my husband, cross stitch, reading, and gardening in the summer. Since I also work full time, it takes me a while to complete projects!

Blog Entries
    I like to garden, raise turkeys, chickens, and ducks, raise many berries, grapes, and fruits, can and preserve, make wine, make beer, cook and bake, make breads, read, play piano, volunteer, crochet (especially thread crochet), sew, refinish furniture, and learn new things. I'll be back to homeschooling again, though that isn't exactly a hobby! I'm learning to restore old sewing machines, too. Quilting must be my favorite. I am never bored!

Needlepoint, jigsaw puzzles and counted cross stitch!! I bounce among them all to maintain sanity!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grugirl
    Quote Originally Posted by grammyv
    reading romance novels-esp time travel.hey,if einstein thought it was possible ,who am i to say??
    gardening,roses,cooking and EATING!:) also make my own laundry soap and saving money any way i can.....
    I love that you make your own laundry soap. How do you do it? A basic summary? We are going to be making our own cheese and soap one day and are considering Bees.
    You may look it up ("Google it.") online. Most recipes are about the same. I make my own, too. If I can do it, it must be easy. Here's the recipe I use.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by annpryor
    I woodcarve, watercolor, knit, cochet, bead and too many more. If the pictures come through there is two of my bird woodcarvings and a painting.
    they are so life-like
    great work!

Blog Entries
    I make purses, knit, crochet, work at the clothing ministry 2 mornings a week, am one of the 2 cocrdinators of the local food pantry.

Beautifu mosiac work. I have no talent that way! I have to follow a pattern.

beautiful cakes !!!! Maybe I should start dieting tomorrow orrrrrrrrrrrrr the day after. :thumbup:

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast