Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stripology Ruler. >

Stripology Ruler.

Stripology Ruler.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:33 AM

I have the June Taylor ones and use them all the time. My favorite one is the Square Up one. I have almost worn mine out. I have never had trouble staying in the slots using my Fiskars 45mm rotary cutter.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Granchris View Post
If you go in at an angle, then go straight up. Use an Olfa cutter, not Martelli. Did you watch the You Tube for hint on how to use it?
This is interesting because I just can not get it to work with my Olfa cutter and do perfect with the martelli. But can't get a straight cut using a regular ruler with the martelli cutter no matter how I try, and have no problem with the Olfa.

It goes to show, try different things because nothing works great for everyone. I find I'm the one that usually ends up doing something a tad different because what generally works for others does not that well for me.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:13 AM

The Stripology is thicker than the Shape Cut, is my understanding. I've never had my cutter jump out of the slot.

Ruby, I'm SO GLAD you found a way to make it work for you!!

Luvrazz, I had that issue the first time I used it. Once I figured out that I can't double fold it if the first fold (coming off the bolt) is ridiculous lopsided, I haven't had a problem again. The selvages need to be somewhat close to matching - it doesn't have to be perfectly matched unless you're cutting something that is greater than 44in. I don't actually line my fabric up on the inch marker at the bottom of the cutting slot either. Creative Grids provides lots of markings on the ruler, so I use the top of the black little 1/4in dashes in between the slots when I'm cutting a piece that is a full WOF. I could use the 2in line if I really needed to and still have plenty of room at the top. Normally, I use a 45mm cutter and that has been fine. But, I bet using a 28mm cutter would make the cutting at the top of the slot much easier for you too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605542[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails stripology-cutting.jpg  
Old 12-19-2018, 04:32 PM

I, too, use the June Taylor rulers. I must have almost a dozen of them. I use the biggest Martelli rotary cutter and have no problems. My electric die cutter watches me cut using these rulers from the side of the cutting table where it gathers dust. My secret tip is that I use a large metal clamp on one or both corners to hold the ruler down on the corners. These are available at the hardware store and usually have plastic covers on the pincher parts as well as the handles. Not a fan of the stripology rulers though. Good luck!
Old 12-20-2018, 07:37 AM

wow!!! thanks for the link she gives a great demo on the ruler I just jumped on the fence, will have to wait till income tax time fingers cross I will get some return.