Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sweet Sixteen Quilting Machine >

Sweet Sixteen Quilting Machine

Sweet Sixteen Quilting Machine

Old 03-29-2013, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by omaluvs2quilt View Post
I have one and LOVE it! I keep trying the new stitch regulator they have whenever I go to my dealer's store, but I don't really like it. If you're already used to fmq then it seems too choppy for me, and one more thing to think about. I did spend a couple of days working out the tension thing, but I just saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1mRhcquZTM and it resolved all my questions. I bought my dealer's demo and it was $32900 including some extra needles, bobbins, & 12 thread cones thrown in.
OK you have one of what? We are talking HQ Sweet Sixteen.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by SewFarBehind View Post
$32,900?!? Let me pick up my teeth!
Thats what I say! Mine just pretty much tried to fall out of my mouth. She must have something different than the Sweet Sixteen.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

I have tried the Sweet Sixteen HQ. It is a sit down model with a big open space. A very big open space! It is fun and easy to use. there is a stitch regulator that comes with it but I absolutely did not care for it and was able to use it better without then with it. I did use small machinger quilting gloves. I did feel that the stitches looked nicer from my home machines a Janome 6500 and vintage Bernina 830. I ended up getting an Innova long arm. I really wanted soemthing that would take care of the basting and could handle very large quilts so I needed a machine on a frame. If you do smaller quilts that are just a little too large to comfortably handle on your home machine or you do not have space to put a machine on a frame then I think this might be a good machine for you.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:41 PM

Just ordered my Sweet Sixteen today. After investigations and trials went with dealer about hour away. It will ship to store and I will pick up. The basic unit with tax and shipping came in at just under $5000.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:47 AM

Yes, I have the Sweet 16...and it was $3900 out the door. Don't have the stitch regulatior...don't like it much the times I've tried it so far, but LOVE the machine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]405257[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
OK you have one of what? We are talking HQ Sweet Sixteen.
Attached Thumbnails img_1053-copy.jpg  
Old 03-30-2013, 06:50 PM

My local has a Sweet Sixteen set up in her shop and her price is $4200. That includes set up. I found one on the internet called a Baileys. I don't know much about them but the price is about $2000. They look like a regular sewing machine but you can handles and use them as a long arm. There are four set-ups you can get which raise the price up to about $6000, to a regular long arm size [like 10' long]. The less expensive one comes with a table. I may get one because that's more my price range. Has anyone heard of these?
Old 03-30-2013, 08:53 PM

There is a yahoo group for the Bailey machines which you may find helpful. The sit down table is a new thing for them. Someone on these forums had her husband build a really nice sit down table for her. Here's the link http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t214113.html
Old 03-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Power Poster

I have a Sweet 16 with the stitch regulator and while I have not mastered the art of FMQ, this machine does make it easier. MSRP for the Sweet 16 with TrueStitch is $6400 or at least it was when I got mine. (Of course I did not pay MSRP) What I like is the small footprint. We don't have space for a regular longarm plus I cannot stand for any length of time. We ended up getting some IKEA cabinets on one side for extra storage and extra table space. Then DH attached a fold-up table from IKEA to the other side for extra space.

Are you aware that there is a Yahoo group for the HQ Sit Down Machine? You can get some great info there too.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:06 PM
Power Poster

HQ Sweet 16 is my dream machine....here they are very expensive....but soon as I have the money saved I'm off to get one. As MadQuilter mentioned they have a small footprint and are "sit-down", both requirements which are important to me. I have researched a number of machines and for me, it seemed the best value, has the best service/backup (for me - here), and appears to have less chance of needing a ridiculous amount of money spent servicing/repairing.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mdaniels View Post
$32.9...thousand??!?? I just bought a nice, new car for less than that! Oh my gosh!
I would hope that is a type-o, LOL.