Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thousands of Bolts Fabric >

Thousands of Bolts Fabric

Thousands of Bolts Fabric

Old 12-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

I'm thinking that from the comments that they are done with you. That is truly disappointing. I was going to go there to look for background for my DJ...I will think twice about it now. Seems like they don't realize that you are posting this in a forum with this many members..... :roll: I'm so sorry you had a problem.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Power Poster

So Sorry they were not more help... Maybe it was a bad batch, but I would hope they would be more helpful. And yes it may be a little bit less expensive, but you should still receive something that is useable :shock:
Old 12-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

You could write to them again. Squeakly wheel gets the grease - and all that.

Tell them that you had heard from others on the QuiltingBoard (with over 8000 members ) how wonderful they were and how disappointed you are with this product.

Also give them suggestions for what you think is a fair thing to do.

Return the fabric and get a refund. Might work.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:40 PM
CRH

I had a similar problem with ordering wide backing fabric - it was Benartex brand. (Magic Vine by Eleanor Burns). It also is very coarse, almost a linen weave, and not the soft drapable fabric I like in my quilts. I'm thinking it would not be very cuddly.

I have washed it once and it didn't help much. Not sure what to do with it!!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:38 PM

I have ordered several times from this site....I have always been pleased with the quality of their fabrics. And, of course, their prices are good. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience....email them with your complaint; possibly they will let you return the fabric???
Old 12-02-2009, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by canuckninepatch
Originally Posted by Shorebird
I found 108" wide fabric for backing of a large quilt for my daughter in a dark, dull blue color, and ordered it. Package arrived.........and was I ever disappointed. Not only was the color off (far too bright) but the fabric was so stiff and rough it would have scratched you, and so thin that you could see the individual warp and weft threads (not a homespun fabric either)....and the light just poured thru the fabric...........

Was I just unlucky with this one fabric, or have others received very thin, poor quality fabric from this on-line shop?
Which brand did you order.......?
I ordered the Quilters Choice.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:59 PM

This is a dicey problem! I just got my first ever order from 1000's of Bolts--all recognized manufacturers--and the cuts are perfect in color, hand, and you cannot beat the price at 1/2 of quilt shop prices. Makes me wonder why LQS are selling fabric @ 10.00 per yard.
So, it sounds like if we get something from them that is less than expected or promised, we should contact them and ask to return it--but don't wash it! To me, the price of the fabric, the quick service, and the reasonable shipping fee (USPS) makes it worth the risk.
Marie
Old 12-03-2009, 11:10 PM

I finally received my 108 in. Quilter's Choice backing fabric. It was not stiff, but is pretty loosely woven. I will go ahead and use it for the back of my project, but will not try to quilt this project in sections and bring the backing to the front and stitch down between sections as in fun & done quilting as I had intended to do.
Next time I order backing I will try one that is not the least expensive. I'm sure that it will be better.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for letting us know....at least we know what to expect when we order that.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Barb_MO
I finally received my 108 in. Quilter's Choice backing fabric. It was not stiff, but is pretty loosely woven. I will go ahead and use it for the back of my project, but will not try to quilt this project in sections and bring the backing to the front and stitch down between sections as in fun & done quilting as I had intended to do.
Next time I order backing I will try one that is not the least expensive. I'm sure that it will be better.
Was yours a dark color? That may have been why mine was so stiff - it was a very dark blue.....I agree the fabric is very loosely woven........and I will certainly be more careful in the future.........