Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tip toe through the hexagons Cutie style! Cutting >

Tip toe through the hexagons Cutie style! Cutting

Tip toe through the hexagons Cutie style! Cutting

Old 06-03-2010, 11:38 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by emsgranny
Is there a place where I can get just the directions and maybe how to pictures I have to have instructions in front of me so I can think about it and then think again lol thanks cheryl
All the information is in 'One Block Wonders' by Maxine Rosenthal. I find the instructions very clear and easy to follow with good photographs. :-D
Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 AM

Know this is an older thread, but this caught my eye.Does that mean if I have 6 repeats.....to go ahead & cut fabric in 1/2,so I'm working with 1/2 instead of full width fabric? Hope that is clear.I have fabric,book & hopefully the right ruler.Getting started on where to cut is my sticking point. Thanks so much.

Originally Posted by cutebuns
if you have 6 repeats on the length, you don't need to worry about the width ones,
Old 09-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

yes you only work with half of the width, working with the full width would be very difficult,
Old 09-08-2010, 11:01 AM

My goodness....how nice of you to ans right away! Going to try with this fabric & don't get a good pic....it's yellow/orange/3 shades of green on olive green....no red at all.

Originally Posted by cutebuns
yes you only work with half of the width, working with the full width would be very difficult,
Attached Thumbnails attachment-113708.jpe   attachment-113709.jpe   attachment-113710.jpe  
Old 09-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

That is very pretty fabric, I love the color!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:00 PM

Going to study it & see if I can find a place to start cutting.After a while, it all looks alike to these old eyes:-)

Found a place to start with 12" between repeats.I'll see how it goes & send a couple pics if it works. Time to get a start on supper.Thanks again for your help.I've read this thread more than once.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:52 PM

Okay, so I have been procrastinating for the last couple of week, reading this board inside and out. Finally...today I worked up enough courage to cut the fabric....cut the first strip into triangles,,,,,started sewing and realized after the second hexagon I was using the wrong triangle. It was not a 60 degree. Oh My!!!! Soon as my husband got home, ran to JoAnns and it took me and 2 salespeople to finally find the right one. We were actually sitting on the floor going through all the triangles trying to find the right one....Lo and behold...20 minutes later up popped a F&P triangle that actually said 60 degrees....Used my 40% coupon, paid and ran home with it....Well,,,,after all that "running" I was too tired to do anything with it!!! LOL
But...tomorrow first thing I will start using it. Only wasted 8 blocks of fabric...but at least I got an idea of how they are going to look...and I am hooked!!!!
Thanks Cutie for all the great posts and instructions, and all the time you took explaining everything so that it made it much easier for me than if I had only the basic directions....
And now my question??? How did you all end up quilting your OBW??? Would love to see pictures of your finished projects, because most of the pics on here were of in progress quilts.
Thanks all,,for all the help you didn't even know you were giving.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:54 PM

Welcome aboard, Miss Trisha!
And, I see that you have the quilter's knack for thinking on your feet (or, sitting on the floor in a JoAnn's store <g>).
Looking forward to following your progress. <wave>
Old 09-14-2010, 12:21 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by trisha
And now my question??? How did you all end up quilting your OBW??? Would love to see pictures of your finished projects, because most of the pics on here were of in progress quilts.
Hi Trisha, if you look here http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual...jsp?vsnum=1006 in the section for OBWs etc, you'll find all the threads in one place about these quilts and will see members' postings of their finished quilts. :-D
Old 09-14-2010, 10:43 AM

Yeah thanks. Just after I posted last night I found the pics of all the beautiful OBW's. I am inspired. I started one this morning and have 20 blocks put together. And WoW!!! Even when you make a mistake it is not noticeable.
One Problem!!! Now that I am hooked on these whatever am I going to do with tremendous stash I have sitting on my shelves for making those humdrum quilts I used to do???!!!!LOL