Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tip toe through the hexagons Cutie style! Cutting >

Tip toe through the hexagons Cutie style! Cutting

Tip toe through the hexagons Cutie style! Cutting

Old 02-08-2011, 07:28 PM

I tried the red blocks in the middle and didn't like them there so I took most of them out. I also took out some of the tan blocks. I tried smaller, calmer cubes and they didn't work either. I am still not crazy about this. So, I am going to assemble it and use it to practice my "short arm" quilting.

Lastest attempt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163314[/ATTACH]

My daughter trying to help
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163315[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-163309.jpe   attachment-163310.jpe  
Old 02-08-2011, 07:30 PM

Sometimes you just want to get it done. I know the feeling. Please show us the finished project. It will still keep someone warm and will be filled with lots of love.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
I don't mean to hurt feelings but I like the top arrangement better than with the added 'cubes'. I think the top one looks like it swirls around...will make a nice quilt. I would border it with a purple or tan...but I am not the quilt police and will wait and be pleasantly surprised when I see how yours comes out. :-) Don't give up.
I agree with Sandy about the "swirling" on the top arrangement. It was my first reaction, and I found myself trying to follow the "swirl" ... (two votes means it is a winner, right??? LOL) the one thing about that top picture was - - I didn't even really notice the blocks that were more solid ... I can't imagine the whole thing bordered with tan or purple - - this is really getting good! So fun (I hope it is for you, also!) <wave>
Old 02-08-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
I tried the red blocks in the middle and didn't like them there so I took most of them out. I also took out some of the tan blocks. I tried smaller, calmer cubes and they didn't work either. I am still not crazy about this. So, I am going to assemble it and use it to practice my "short arm" quilting.
That is a good "lastest" attempt. Go for it and let's see how it ends. Always remember - - no effort is wasted because you grow and learn something, always. <wave>
Old 02-09-2011, 02:58 AM

It's hard to be sure about colors from pics on line.It's your quilt,so do what works for you.The quilt after quilted might turn out to be a fav & kudos to your DD for helping.Every quilt made brings it's own learning curve with it.If/when you do another OBW,it will prob seem very easy.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:37 AM

I really like your latest attempt. The colors are arranged so your eye follows around and sees all. Any thoughts on borders? Will you use some of the original fabric in a border?
Old 02-13-2011, 06:54 PM

I am still struggling. I probably should have left it alone, bit I tried again. It just seems like there is a nice quilt somewhere in these block but I can't find it!

[IMG]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/IMG_0090.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-13-2011, 08:53 PM

That is a very pleasing arrangement, fryguymore <wave>
Old 02-14-2011, 06:12 AM

I like that. Did you applique the Faith, Hope and Love on there? With them on there, those solid tan don't jump out there as much.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:20 AM

better picture
Attached Thumbnails attachment-155709.jpe