Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Turn Master Bedroom into sewing room? >

Turn Master Bedroom into sewing room?

Turn Master Bedroom into sewing room?

Old 01-21-2012, 04:05 AM

we barely have a livingroom as I have more then 1/2 with fabric, machines and cutting table.....we have 2 recliners small love set and tv and if we have company too bad. we live here and make the most of what we have. works for us.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:30 AM

Are you kidding, I think that homes are best used in ways that make them a sanctuary for their occupants! Go for it make your space as user friendly as you can, and enjoy it to the max!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:48 AM

Go for It Lucky thing!!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:50 AM

I turned my Master Bedroom into a sewing room last year. I went through the same struggle as you; but, am really glad that I did it. Here is a link to a You Tube video of my room. I say go for it!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--7dOFxtYXE

Linda in GA
Old 01-21-2012, 05:01 AM

Who says a bedroom has to be a bedroom. Make use of your home to your advantage and your joy of quilting. Go with your thoughts and ideas and you will be happy.
Pat
Old 01-21-2012, 05:37 AM

Oh, I would definitely go for it. You have to consider what would make you happy and what works for you. When youngest son got his first apartment last year when he graduated from college and took his bedroom furniture, I debated whether to have my quilting space set up in the new family room we were making in the basement or to take over his old bedroom and make it my space. I ended up choosing to take over his bedroom because with two new grandsons born in August and September, when they're older and getting into things, I can shut my sewing room door and lock it up so they can't get into my toys. That way I also don't have to pick everything up every night when I'm done sewing for the day. I'm loving it!! I think you'll love your new space, too!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:14 AM

My vote is to go for it! Whatever makes you happy wins!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:17 AM

Now...you've got my attention.

I was single for a loooong time, and had come to the conclusion to make the master bedroom my sewing room. I have an average size house and very little company. 3 bedrooms...and the largest room was wasted space. I mean...seriously... ya just sleep in there!? If I had a lot of company I'd never consider such a thing due to the lg. bathroom connected to the M-bedroom, but ya know.. I think it's a brilliant idea.

It's your house and your call. One of my friends has a larger home, and she had a guest suite in her home. Her sewing room is a nice sized room, but not studio sized. I mentioned to her one day that she should swap her sewing room and the guest suite. She took my suggestion..and BOY HOWDY...we love it! There's enough room in there for BOTH of us to sew at the same time! The cutting table is lg. and up alll the time too. She doesn't have much company either.. so.. once she took the plunge she loved it!

So... now I have a hubby and the master bedroom is a bedroom again. But.. he's very sick and the m-bedroom is like a nursing home suite now. I've moved into the smaller sewing room and seized the entry hall space in my house. Again..we get ZIP for company, and the entry way was a LARGE OPEN AREA. It may look a little nutty, but the only other option was to move.

I say.. GO FOR IT! Your house... your rules!

Last edited by Highmtn; 01-21-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:19 AM

Weird is better sometims, I don't have a living room or a den - they are now workout room for hubby and sewing room for me. Make YOU happy.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Banned

I would do it in a heartbeat!