Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Update on Harbor Freight dull blades >

Update on Harbor Freight dull blades

Update on Harbor Freight dull blades

Old 12-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

I just got a package to try--the blade is super dull! Hope the next one will be better~~
Old 12-02-2011, 08:32 PM

Mine would work for a cut or two, seems like they bend or dent easily or something.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:13 AM

CAS, I have used H.F. blades exclusively ever since they were first mentioned here. I have had not one problem with them. I do not think they will bend and if anything, cutting with a pin under your fabric, very definitely will put a knick in them. We need to be as careful with our $1. blades as we do out $5. blades. I have 3 different rotary cutters and they work very well in all of them. I don't understand what you mean by "or something." I bet you could cut your fingers very easily if you were not careful....or something!

Harbor Freight has a very generous return/ refund policy. If you get them via email you may return to any store for replacement or refund.....but you will need your receipt.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:24 AM

"or something" just means I can not see why there would be a problem with them. I do NOT cut over pins, LOL! I could barely cut through one layer of fabric. I don't like cleaning the oil off of them either.

Originally Posted by june6995 View Post
CAS, I have used H.F. blades exclusively ever since they were first mentioned here. I have had not one problem with them. I do not think they will bend and if anything, cutting with a pin under your fabric, very definitely will put a knick in them. We need to be as careful with our $1. blades as we do out $5. blades. I have 3 different rotary cutters and they work very well in all of them. I don't understand what you mean by "or something." I bet you could cut your fingers very easily if you were not careful....or something!

Harbor Freight has a very generous return/ refund policy. If you get them via email you may return to any store for replacement or refund.....but you will need your receipt.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:43 AM

Okay, here we go. Paula Fullager sent me 3 blades to try out. Man!!!! I couldn't cut ANYTHING with any of them. There must have been a bad batch made!!!. I have never had any that bad. I tried 2 different rotary cutters. I have an old Kai Cut one, the center hole is a little snug, so then I tried my Olfa cutter. Still wouldn't cut. Next I got out a new pack of blades I got a few months ago, WOW what a difference, cut like going through butter. I would say to all of you that have bad blades to take them back to the store and COMPLAIN! They will never know a bad batch came through if we don't complain. I don't see how those blades would even cut carpet, they are so bad. You can feel flat spots as it rolls along. If it won't cut 100% cotton, it won't cut anything. Thanks for allowing me to test them out. Conclusion: RETURN YOUR BAD BLADES!!!