Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It used to hurt my feelings

. Thanks for the tip!

I too do a lot of "looking" without posting. After reading so many, "wow's", "great job", "beautiful", "nice work"...I don't know what to say. I'm amazed at the work posted on here. My confidence gets built up when I see all the patterns. I get off here and head to my sewing room and start working on some of those projects laying around. I'm so thankful I found this board. I'm always saying..."my friends on the quilting board...". haha

I wish there was a "me too" tag on responses so that I wouldn't have to say the same thing many before me have said. I want the poster of pictures to know I applaud their work but don't want to add to 2 or 3 pages of the same comments. I'm glad you posted this.

I love reading the replies..but how many times do you "really" want to read ditto?? =) although...I don't always read what others post until after I post. And if my opinion ends up mirroring someone else's then all I can say is~Great Mind's Think Alike. =)
    A bed without a Quilt is like a Sky without Stars..Sew On!

I think a "like" button would be cool, too.
    You know me... I pretty much always comment because I can't keep my mouth shut... LOL! When I have a picture & there aren't as many comments as you' d like, I just figure lots of people are lurkers.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I used to be offended because it seemed that some members, no matter how many threads they posted, they were always put on the front page. Now I just take it however it is posted. If I start a thread and some post on it I think , "that's nice" and go on. If they don't, I just guess they have different interests and likes than mine.

Sorry to say that I do the same.
    ranbro

I, too, am guilty of doing that. Because I don't comment doesn't mean the quilt isn't beautiful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OCquilter View Post
    Maybe we need "like" buttons and a running total of how many checked it. LOL
    I have thought this more than once. We definitely should have LIKE buttons for those of us in a hurry.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

I will tell you now I'm a Looker I don't post very often so I'm sorry.
    Nancy "life is about choices may I choose the right one. But if I don't give me another chance"

Blog Entries
    Guilty as charged. Especially when each reply generates the thread with updates the next day, and the next, and until I unsubscribe to the thread. All that takes time and I'm on here over an hour...so try to minimize any additional threads. Sorry!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I think we are all guilty of doing that.

Yea, me too, but I do the same thing.
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Life does happen and sometimes one has to take things with a grain of salt -and ejoy how many do look at the posts .. I look but don't always reply. Sometimes I feel the subject is just that and don't want to reply(controversial and enough has been said already), but when I look at pictures I always try to post something if I have the time, as I am usually on the run (especially to work !LOL)
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Northwestern Lower Michigan/Seminole, Florida
    I am guilty, too. So sorry

Quote Originally Posted by crafty3236 View Post
    me2 guilty as charged lol
    same here some times I just get on here for a pick me up and look at lots of things but time gets away from us all.
    I admire so many things but to reply to them all I would be on here 24 hours a day,

I do the same thing. I guess I better change my ways. Sorry to all that I looked and never said anything.

Thank you to all QB friends who starts threads, ask questions (I am always learning), and to those who post pictures! The talent within this group is amazing and such an inspiration to this beginner. Advice I need is how to do put as much time in actually quilting as I do reading about it

Linda

Sew little time and sew many ideas

It does work. I typed the . and then the thumbs up smiley and posted and it works.
    Now I'm editing to add these sentences.

I'm guilty too of not replying to all I view. Sometimes my time is short so I just click on What's New and view the first page and don't have time to reply. May in Jersey
    Last edited by May in Jersey; 05-20-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by linda faye View Post
    . . . Advice I need is how to do put as much time in actually quilting as I do reading about it
    If you ever learn how to do that, PLEASE share the answer with me! I read this board, while drinking my morning tea . . . ummmmm, it's a very large cup of tea.

I am guilty too. I love and admire all the quilts I see on here and just make a comment every now and then. I am not a big talker in person either. LOL

Guilty as charged!

I do it....I'm so busy that I don't have time to go thru all the photos and don't have time to make comments on all of them. ALL quilts are beautiful --- Any time someone takes the time to work on a quilt with love in their heart, the quilts are beautiful.
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

I am also guilty.

Blog Entries
    Amazing!! All of us "non-commenters" have totaled 40 replies to this post!!! (Also in favor of a like button.)
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast