Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: It used to hurt my feelings

Sorry, sometimes we don't have much time, but good point.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for posting that. This morning before reading your post I decided that I would write encouraging notes to those who post photos. AND today I will greet five new members.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    I used to get hurt when people come into my house and fail to acknowlege my wallhangings!

I know that I'm guilty of this lately...but, I've been battleing some depression and just don't feel like commenting on anything...it is going away slowly...so pushing myself to comment now and then.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

What can a person say after 20 or more comments? I feel it has been said and my comments would be redundent. And no I am not saying this to be hurtful, this is just my feelings BUT if not many have answered I will. Or especially well done.
    Mona Marie
    I am too Blessed to be stressed and too Anointed to be disappointed

I think we all appreciate the pictures others post and see something to like in every one of them. We care or we wouldn't show up here every day. Keep posting. We'll love them with you.

I try to comment on the picts whenver I get to see them, but my comments are generally mundane and unhelpful, since my selfteaching of quilting has been a relative new experience starting last fall. Overall I am awe at the incredible talent, creativity, generosity and industriousness of this board's members.

Blog Entries
    I always look at yours, because I love your bags, but I'll admit I don't always comment. But rest assured, I do love every bag you post.

i am guilty of the same thing

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by crafty3236 View Post
    me2 guilty as charged lol
    Me, too....just about to do the same thing and thought twice.

Even if we do say the exact same thing, someone else has already said, I'm sure the recipient would still like to read it (again and again).

I like the "like" button idea too...there are so many wonderful quilts on here, but I don't have a way with words like some do, so don't often leave a comment either.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Ok so here's a question.. What if we didn't like it ? Would the original poster still want a response?

We all have different likes and dislikes and if every thread 'wants' each viewer to post do you want an honest.. " I don't like it- not my taste" post?

Don't get me wrong there are ALOT of beautiful quilts on the board but sometimes there is that one ugly duckling IMHO.. I have alot of ugly ducklings- that's no secret either.. Lol

Do we really want the honest truth post ?
    Last edited by luvTooQuilt; 05-21-2012 at 07:40 AM.

I definitely do NOT want honesty, I only want the ooohs and awes! I'm not looking for self improvement (plenty of room for that in other aspects of life), quilting is my hobby, my escape, my only avenue of total relaxation, no room for critiscm. Call me shallow. But definitely need to post more, without posts, we have no forum. I'm definitely guilty of not posting enough and will try and correct that as of today!
    Last edited by kountrykreation; 05-21-2012 at 07:52 AM.

I'm guilty of doing the same thing. Trust me, I love it all. But if I have nothing different to add, I don't. I just don't see the point of saying the same thing over and over again. Don't stop posting!! I really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by denveremerson View Post
    I'm guilty of doing the same thing. Trust me, I love it all. But if I have nothing different to add, I don't. I just don't see the point of saying the same thing over and over again. Don't stop posting!! I really enjoy it.
    Which, by the way, is probably why I've been a member for almost 2 years and am still a junior member. That's okay. Most other places I'm a Senior. LOL

Blog Entries
    After I see that there are 10 pages on a discussion, I hurry thru as well. My consideration for all is that I did take the time to admire your photo and glad up put it up there. I do have those bookmarked if I thought i might make one like it or needed an idea from it so my bookmarks are a great many.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

93 posts!!!!! are your feelings still hurt?

Know what this site is missing? A LIKE button! So often I see something pretty here, or agree with a post, and would love to just click LIKE the way I do on Facebook. Maybe some time they'll come up with something like that. Finding the end of the list and typing out just to say "Beautiful!" or to write more is just too tiring when I'm in a hurry.
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Blog Entries
    I am guilty also. Sure enjoy looking at everyone's pic.

Guilty as everyone else is.
    Tammy

Life Is A Banquet and Most Poor Suckers Are Starving!

Blame google transelator for the bad gram. (from Norwegian to English)

Me too stand in line like almost all here before me.

All I can say is: Here's an incredible amount of inspiring and beautiful to look at, but it is difficult to comment in a language that is not mine.
    I think perhaps the title of the record has little to say how many people take a look.
    Having the opportunity to give a helping hand to a fellow human being is true joy! Huldra

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
    Ok so here's a question.. What if we didn't like it ? Would the original poster still want a response?

We all have different likes and dislikes and if every thread 'wants' each viewer to post do you want an honest.. " I don't like it- not my taste" post?

Don't get me wrong there are ALOT of beautiful quilts on the board but sometimes there is that one ugly duckling IMHO.. I have alot of ugly ducklings- that's no secret either.. Lol

Do we really want the honest truth post ?
    I don't like everyone's color choices but there's usually "something" nice about most quilts.

Don't be hurt! I'd bet that your 20 posted comments mean that HUNDREDS of others have looked and enjoyed as well. This is only my 3rd post. But I have spent HOURS and HOURS here looking at everything, enjoying the pictures and learning. So I am very guilty of ooo-ing and ah-ing over all the lovely projects and great ideas without posting a thanks or a "Wow, that is great!"

A like button is a great idea. I'd sure use it to let folks know I appreciate what they've posted.

Quote Originally Posted by SWEETPEACHES View Post
    when I would post a picture and a billion people would look at it, but only 20 would reply. I presumed that meant only 20 liked it. Until I realized I do the same thing sometimes. I always ohhh and ahhhhh but don't always comment in writing especially if many many others have.
    I'm guilty. Often times I respond as soon as I read the initial post and then as I read further, I find that others have made the same reply as I have. But I must admit that the few times I've begun a thread or sent a picture, I have had good response and it really did feel good. This makes me aware that I need to be more thoughtful. Sometimes we live our lives too fast and don't stop and smell the roses or show our appreciation. As I said, I'm guilty.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast