Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: It used to hurt my feelings

Banned
    Blog Entries
    sometimes, I hear that voice....if you have nothing nice to say.....so...on I go!

Quote Originally Posted by SWEETPEACHES View Post
    when I would post a picture and a billion people would look at it, but only 20 would reply. I presumed that meant only 20 liked it. Until I realized I do the same thing sometimes. I always ohhh and ahhhhh but don't always comment in writing especially if many many others have.
    Same here.

·What does a clock do when it's hungry? It goes back four seconds.

Just like replying to this thread...how many times can we say the same thing?? I'm sharing the guilt just as much as everyone who replied. I was a long-time lurker before I joined the Board, but I still oohed and aaahed over the quilts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
    Amazing!! All of us "non-commenters" have totaled 40 replies to this post!!! (Also in favor of a like button.)
    Not all of us are non-commentors. I comment quite a bit, just not as much as I probably should. Sometimes I tend to chatter, too much.

the internet is chilly. remember: take what needand leave the rest.

there is such a thing as picture overload too. sometimes they are all so beautiful i just keep clicking!

aileen

Sometimes I just can't seem to come up with what I think would be the right words after seeing so many beautiful items that it makes my head spin, but do we really have to make a comment on every post? And if something simply doesn't suit my personal taste it's best to just not say anything at all. So far, I think I want to make at least two of nearly everything that's ever been posted here! lol
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

I too am a lurker - I check every day to see what's new but usually do not comment unless I can add something no one else has said. I am inspired by ALL the quilts I see and love the tips and questions that teach me something new.

I have to try the thumb's up., it works. I mostly look at the answers too and if I feel that it describes what I would like to say, I leave it alone. But I agree with you all, the quilts and the work on this board are beautiful!!! (even if we don't say so).

I'm right there with you.

All compliments from me.

Also there was a while when I could view pages on my phone but could not reply. Obviously I can do so now though. LOL!
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

saf
    when I would post a picture and a billion people would look at it, but only 20 would reply. I presumed that meant only 20 liked it. Until I realized I do the same thing sometimes. I always ohhh and ahhhhh but don't always comment in writing especially if many many others have.
    As a newbie I am always interested and more than a little grateful when anyone posts a picture of their achievements. Not only is it inspiring to see all the wonderful work that is displayed but always a learning experience too. Colour combinations, patterns, layouts etc always give me food for thought. Invariably I also feel envious of the creativity that I see. But it has also been such a valuable learning tool for me. If I have not left a comment it is never that I do not see something of value but because I am often overwhelmed at the beautiful quilts and feel any comment is inadequate. But be rest assured that I am always grateful that so many of you have so generously shared your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by crafty3236 View Post
    me2 guilty as charged lol
    Add me to the list. I am simply amazed at what lovely things I see but don't take time to say so. I am really sorry.

ditto ditto
    heberstitcher
    I am Always In Stitches in AZ

Depending on what I'm viewing the site on, it can be a real challenge to post comments. It acts up on my iPod all the time and I just give up.
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work will not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." --Henry David Thoreau

I love and appreciate everyone's hard work. Often, I don't add anything additional if there have been pages of prior responses to a posting. What I do is look at how many responses a posting has gotten and if the "postee" has received little or not enough positive encouragement, I'll make sure she/he gets a sincere "atta girl/guy". It's important to know our work is validated and acknowledged and there are enough folks on the QB to spread the warm fuzzies around.
    Last edited by SouthPStitches; 05-20-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: grammatical change

Blog Entries
    I don't write very much anymore. It was a lot easier when we could give a thumbs up on our reply.
    Kathyj

I don't always comment on everthing, I do like most of everything I look at, like others have said, if there has been alot of comments I just go on. Sometimes I just look and wait a day or two to comment.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

We need a "thumbs up" button because I too woo and ahh but see that others have already said what I want to say.There are so many amazing quilts I'd bee online too much just responding to all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by crafty3236 View Post
    me2 guilty as charged lol

I am guilt of this also, after reading so many oh and ahs i just move on.

Me too. I look at many projects here and don't comment. I admire greatly the talent I see here and think what fantastic people are on this site. I spend so much time reading, learning, and just enjoying the work that goes on with all the members. So neat!!!
    Each day is a new beginning. adrian...

Dee
    I'm guilty.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryQuilter View Post
    If you type a period then the thumbs up icon it will post without out the 10 characters.
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bernie

Sorry I don't always commment but can't think of anything to say that hasn't been said so many times. I love looking at the work the quilters do here. I haven't seen anything that i can't appreciate or wow about. The quilters here do fantastic jobs I clap to each and every one of you. thank you for sharing.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Well here I go again. Ditto to all that has been said.....but I don't want to be known as the Ditto Queen. I have found myself on this board all day looking, reading and commenting on things. I also would love a "LIKE" button. I have not posted any pictures but I have asked questions and I really appreciate when I get answers. So many times I see something and think something. I then read more of the post and see that someone has already said just what I thought. Thanks for this thread. Thanks to all of you for helping me with what I feel is an ongoing adventure. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast