Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Using the "bisé-tongue" when binding >

Using the "bisé-tongue" when binding

Using the "bisé-tongue" when binding

Old 11-14-2013, 06:48 AM

Thanks for posting the photos, they make it easy to understand how to do it. I'm certainly going to give this a try as my backside binding needs help.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Suz

I have been following this thread and am a bit confused. I do not see pintucks on the binding or is this just for us to learn how use the pintuck foot or guide from the underside? My machines puts the tucks on the top of fabrics.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:01 PM

I think not a tuck, but used as a guide from the underside. Sounds great.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider View Post
Are you a Pfaffie? I also have 2 sizes of those guides and both pintuck feet. I've done a bit of pintucking, and never really felt the guides while doing it. You can really feel that guide from under a quilt?
A Pfaffie? I own a Pfaff, a Husqvarna, a Singer and a German industrial machine that I can't remember the brand on and soon I'll also own a Juki (if all goes well, fingers crossed).

I actually don't have to feel the guide on the top - but I guess you could. I just steer it towards the fold and it guides slightly to keep my sewing on the "straight and narrow".
Old 11-15-2013, 05:46 AM

You must have used a Pfaff for that photo, I could see the IDT on the back of the foot. The guide or blade looked just like the ones I have. Those guides are supposed to "puff up" the pintucking. Never thought of using it that way.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider View Post
You must have used a Pfaff for that photo, I could see the IDT on the back of the foot. The guide or blade looked just like the ones I have. Those guides are supposed to "puff up" the pintucking. Never thought of using it that way.
I most certainly did use my Pfaff. I have the pintuck-guides because I also do some garments from time to time. Pintucks are so cute on a girls dress. I think I have a pintuck guide for my old Husqvarna as well, but we spent the last year building a house and not all of my sewing stuff has found its way back from storage. I really do like the IDT though.

I had never heard the word "Pfaffie" before. Didn't know if that is a term used for people who are faithful to the Pfaff brand. But that I'm not. I have one brand for every emotion (almost).

Last edited by mariatherese; 11-15-2013 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post
I had never heard the word "Pfaffie" before. Didn't know if that is a term used for people who are faithful to the Pfaff brand.
Me either, lol. Does that make me a "Brotherie"?? Somehow that doesn't work for me....
Old 11-15-2013, 04:01 PM

That's from the time of the first electronic Pfaffs that let you design your own stitches. There was a group called MacPfaffies who used one of the only programs made for a MAC computer. It was called Flutterwhumper.

And no, you would call yourself a Brother fancier or a 1500 luver. Pfaffie caught on since I think it's the only single syllable machine name.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:06 PM

I like pintucks also, but since I do know how to do angles (pivot) with them, I don't often put in the blades. I'm not exactly faithful to any brand to the exclusion of any other. I do like my Pfaffs, they are embroidery machines, but I don't use the Pfaff software - I use Babylock. Like Peckish, I also have a Brother 1500. I have a Babylock Serger.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:44 PM

Roflmao!! "Flutterwhumper" - what an awesome name!!!! I love it! Sounds like some special kind of candy you only eat at Christmas.