Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Using the "bisé-tongue" when binding >

Using the "bisé-tongue" when binding

Using the "bisé-tongue" when binding

Old 11-15-2013, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Me either, lol. Does that make me a "Brotherie"?? Somehow that doesn't work for me....
I was just thinking..."Janomeie?" LOL

This is really clever! Thank you for sharing, mariatherese, and going through the effort of posting all of the pictures. I was confused at first, too.

I don't know if I have one of these anywhere but now I'm going to have to go look! It doesn't look familiar but I machine-bind my quilts and it doesn't always look that great. Anything that can make it look neater is definitely something I'm interested in!
Old 11-16-2013, 07:05 AM

On the Pfaff, there is a hole on the front of the stitch plate that holds the blades in place. I did a lot of heirloom at one time, and to get spacing for bridging stitches (the stitches bridge the gap between to pieces of fabric) hemstitching there was an article called a hemstitch fork. Viking had it. But for those of us who couldn't use the Viking product, we taped a coffee stirrer in front of the stitch plate centered with the needle hole.

I imagine that those of you who want to try using the guide technique can do the same with a coffee stirrer. It looks like she has the quilt lined up between the blade of the 1/4 inch foot and the pintuck blade or guide.

Last edited by Weezy Rider; 11-16-2013 at 07:10 AM.