Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilt Day - This Sunday July 15! >

Virtual Quilt Day - This Sunday July 15!

Virtual Quilt Day - This Sunday July 15!

Old 07-15-2012, 07:55 AM

I love dark borders around squares! Very pretty.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:16 AM

Wantaquilt, I love the simplicity of that quilt, and the black makes those blocks really pop! I have been wanting to do one of those, now I may actually get one done.

As far as break time. I have taken several. I have arthritis in my spine, and have to sit down every hour or so. I have the valentiney quilt about 3/4 quilted. I am just doing a simple meander on it. Will post a pic when I finish.

How about we all head over to dinner later. My birthday is Tuesday, so I should join you, and praline birthday cake sounds wonderful.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:20 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349200[/ATTACH]Greetings! I GOT IT DONE!!! This quilt "Santa's Galore" is one I started designing for my SIL who collects Santas two years ago. So I was cleaning and found the pieces. I had to do some "design" changes because my cutting wasn't very accurate back then. So when I got the squares together I decided it needed something, so found the border fabric. Then it still needed something and I decided to do a braided border (which I had never done). Just have to put the tag on it and it will be ready to travel to MI when we go in a couple weeks. Can't wait to get it to her house instead of laying in mine. Now on to the next project.

Attached Thumbnails autumn-swirl-2012-003.jpg  
Old 07-15-2012, 09:26 AM

Oh, I love the Santas galore too! Well, I just finished quilting the Valentiney quilt. Will go downstairs to bind it and then will take a pic of it. Only one more UFO after this. May run out of day before I get that one done.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:28 AM

I have been experimenting with piecing a 5 point star block since about 6 AM. Just noticed that it is past noon.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:29 AM

Thank you Grann of 6. Simple is about all I know how to do so far. But, I am getting better at it. I am doing an Xs and Os with more batiks next and then a dresden plate with 30's reproduction fabrics. I have one that my Grandmother made with the real 1930's fabrics.
Everose, your Santa quilt is so cute! Love your border. Maybe someday I will learn to do that. So far, piano key borders are about as special as I have tried.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:20 AM

god its noon here and im still going through emails and patterns haven't gotten started yet. but im heading in there with a cup of tea in about 30 mins. so wish me luck i hope to post something today lol
Old 07-15-2012, 10:21 AM

speaking of dresdan, does anyone know where i put that wedge ruler? honestly, things come into the house and then disappear! lol, i wonder if i will find it before i go out to buy a new one.
i have 2 dq's to make today. they have been in my head long enough! then i have a needlecase to do, and 64 siggy blocks. i'll check back in!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:36 AM

Well, my binding job just came to a screeching halt. Maybe I should rephrase that, my binding job just came to a whining halt. It seems there is thunder about 50 or so miles away, and my dogs are in a panic state. They don't go down the basement stairs, so I am forced to come up to keep them company. The Great Dane is halfway under the computer desk. The Rottie is close behind my chair panting like crazy. So I guess I will just sit here and admire everyone else's work till it is time to leave for dinner at DDIL's.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:39 AM

Oh, Nancia, I thought I saw your wedge ruler under the whatchamacallit, right next to the thingamajiggie.