Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020

Old 12-18-2020, 12:54 PM

I'm finishing up a Christmas wall hanging, it's quilted but now needs the binding. Will post pictures when It's done.

Cheese
Old 12-18-2020, 01:09 PM

Lol, I just posted a thread for a "VBW" -virtual baking weekend I sincerely hope no one minds...I was just thinking about how many projects I'm thinking of doing. *But* I do also really, really want to finish the stupid one block wonder Christmas quilt I've finally got borders on. I'm trying to do some applique'd hexies on the border, and I find I'm flunking applique so far. Ripped them off, going to try again, maybe at night after I finish baking? I hope.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:13 PM

Happy Holidays everyone! I had a teeny tiny covid-style Christmas party with 2 of my quilting buddies earlier today. Like to freeze ourselves to death sitting in a garage with coats, hats and masks! It was fun though, I miss getting to sew with these special friends. I will be working on clue 4 of the BH mystery and who knows what else? My shopping is done, wrapping is done, no parties to go to, just dropping gifts at the doorstep next week so let it sew, let it sew, let it sew!
Old 12-18-2020, 01:17 PM

Two baby quilts and one wedding quilt in progress, plus I need to do my cutting for the Merry Mayhem Mystery, so I have plenty to choose from.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:33 PM

For the last few years I have made stockings for my Sister's family ... she keeps them at her place....now she has a new grandson-in-law and wanted to change the name on one of the stockings (the original person it was made for is still part of the family but hasn't been coming for Xmas anymore) .... so I am currently picking out double blanket stitch...when I make something, it is not meant to ever come off...hahaha.... anyway... once I get that done and fuse & stitch the new name on it, I also want to start hand embroidering a label for my panda baby quilt that I posted yesterday.
Old 12-18-2020, 02:27 PM

Hello everyone. I plan to do LAQ for the next week. Quilt 2 large quilts, hopefully sandwich and quilt fabric to make 3 bags for Christmas gifts, quilt a baby quilt, a Grinch throw and a quillow. In between work on my BHMQ steps, which I’m behind on the steps. 2/3 of the projects are 1 yard of quilting or less. I will post pics when completed.
Old 12-18-2020, 02:45 PM

Thanks for hosting this. I have a few presents for my husband to wrap. He will wrap the rest of the presents to keep himself busy. He signed himself out of work so we could isolate for Christmas so our kids could come to visit. They have been isolating themselves.

I am working in hand quilting a bed size quilt for myself. It is my first Christmas quilt. Lots of 2-1/2 squares forming 9 patches with sashing and yellow corner stones to look like stars. I won't have it done for Christmas but I am hoping New Year's Eve.

I do need to finish up some Christmas ornaments for the kids and grandkids and to glue and glitter a name on a Christmas stocking for my grandson.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:41 PM

You are all very welcome, I am happy to do it!

Railroadersbrat--your Rainbow Bridge wall hanging is intriguing. Love the first panel. My problem would be I can't read the poem without crying.

Cheshirepat--what are you baking this weekend? I made six types of cookies last weekend, so that is done. I'm just waiting for one present to arrive for my husband and it's supposed to be here Sunday. I finished his quilt today and it is under the tree. So when his double breakfast sandwich maker arrives Sunday, I'll wrap and put under the tree

Tomorrow I will probably work on the new clue for Compass Star Mystery Quilt. Then I guess the rest of the weekend will be Feathered Star which is my ufo for the month. Four of the nine blocks are made from the class I took a few years ago. Hopefully I'll remember how to finish it!
Old 12-18-2020, 05:04 PM

I was frantic about 2 weeks ago in order to get these into the mail, but now I'm just frantic to know where they are since it's been 10 days (and yes, I've filed an inquiry already) and USPS just keeps showing "in transit"! Argh! The first group were only going 3 hrs away! The calf is a panel that I just quilted for wall hanging for brother-in-law that has given up his herd due to health; the female pole vaulter is for niece's daughter who is on pole vaulting scholarship to Wichita State Univ--decorated room with sunflowers. I used a picture of her that I had print shop enlarge and then did bused raw edge, other is just a table topper.
Attached Thumbnails img_4140.jpg   img_4142.jpg   img_4153.jpg  

Last edited by quiltingshorttimer; 12-18-2020 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-18-2020, 05:11 PM

We have a new name on the stocking! Yay!