Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020

Old 12-20-2020, 03:59 PM

Most of today was spent getting my nesting robin ready for putting on my floor frame. Whew ........ got it all on my floor frame now. I still haven’t decided which color thread to use for quilting this one.
Attached Thumbnails 457be9ac-4235-4aae-9ee8-502c9f5be770.jpeg  
Old 12-20-2020, 05:28 PM

Sync - that looks very nice, love the frame. I have never tried to use one of those, only hand quilting I've done has been with Morgan lap hoops.

Watson - Nice recovery

Heather Yes I did get the binding finished!! I will post the whole story on the UFO board I'm calling it done but will eventually add a label.

Light wasn't good outside for picture so here is a small one on the bed.
Attached Thumbnails dsci4175cqb.jpg  
Old 12-20-2020, 05:30 PM

img_20201220_114241888_hdr.jpgimg_20201220_114512837_hdr%7E2.jpg

As I hoped for, I was able to finish my quilt this weekend. It is an order, it's for a young man for Christmas. It's called Harmony, by GE designs. It is full size. I have always admired black, white and red quilts, so now I've made one. 😁 I used grunge fabric for the backing. I have always wanted to make a quilt using grunge😃 I haven't made any thing larger then a lap size in many years, forgot how hard the larger ones are on your shoulders.
Thank you Raggiemom for hosting, looking forward to new years VQW.
​​​​​
Old 12-20-2020, 06:20 PM

Quiltah Mama: Very pretty! I made a big one when Gudrun did the online day. Easy and quick quilt.
Old 12-20-2020, 06:43 PM

Update! My packages of quilts to sister will be delivered tomorrow--whew! I did work on grandson's 3D quilt today--about half way done--930 triangles! I'll post a picture once this one is done. I've been so careful to get the color order correct and on the last column I messed up! So the ripper and I will do some time together tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2020, 03:56 AM

Monday Morning Update
1. Deliver three quilts as gifts - delivering today 12/21
2. Make another set of potholders - Done!
3. Make re-usable fabric gift bags
4. Make pineapple pillow top - half done, reworking the pattern
5. As always, clean up the works space again.- Done
6. Begin quilting on UFO

On your mark, get ready...... Go!

Didn't finish my list but frankly, I am weary from the rush to the end. After making the re-usable gift bags later today, it will feel good to relax and quilt a UFO without a deadline hanging over my head. Merry Christmas to all and enjoy this season with joy and in whatever manner that fits your family..
Old 12-21-2020, 05:04 AM

I managed to finish clue 4 and will trim them down to size later today, Thanks for hosting Raggiemom, VQW have been so welcome this year!
Attached Thumbnails 20201221_075518.jpg  
Old 12-21-2020, 10:42 AM

LA is working! A phone conversation diagnosed the issue, ordered the part. So one quilted and the next is resting so the wrinkles won't be an issue. There's a backlog of 20+ to quilt.
Old 12-21-2020, 11:23 AM

Helen Godden "Magic Mushrooms" wall hanging is basted and ready for outline quilting (stitch in the ditch except no ditch because everything's painted LOL). Then on the next step. Still working on getting the last bit of the hanging sleeve stitched down on Big Butterfly- hopefully will be finished tonight. Then just 3 more to get hanging sleeves on and 4 labels to print out and stitch down.

I enjoyed seeing what everyone is working on and looking forward to New Years VQW

Thanks for hosting Raggiemom!

Rob
Old 12-21-2020, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
You are all very welcome, I am happy to do it!
Cheshirepat--what are you baking this weekend? I made six types of cookies last weekend, so that is done. I'm just waiting for one present to arrive for my husband and it's supposed to be here Sunday. I finished his quilt today and it is under the tree. So when his double breakfast sandwich maker arrives Sunday, I'll wrap and put under the tree
In a different O/T thread, I put a few links for the specific recipes, but I make a traditional (Hungarian) walnut and poppy seed rolls - and some fried dough called 'angel wings'- rolled out super thin and served w/tons of powdered sugar, so good!

I never did get to sewing, had a bit of a rough patch midway through the weekend and it kind of threw my plans. This morning I got up and tried the applique hexies again, with a thinner thread this time. Made quite a difference, and I used a fusible on the back to also help with 'wandering' issues. I've got 2 of maybe 8 done? I'm hoping I can press on and finish before the weekend. I really don't want to see it again next year unless it's on my bed!