Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020

Old 12-19-2020, 06:56 PM

I got the quilt I am working on sandwiched and glue basted. Thanks to this boad, school glue basted for the first time.😍 Love it, works just as good as 505. I had found an adhesive spray at the dollar store, but the last few times I was in there looking for some, I couldn't find it.
I'm letting it sit overnight, I will quilt it tomorrow.
I didn't get to sew as much as I had wanted to, had to wrap gifts. Lesson learned, next year I plan to wrap as I buy.
Old 12-19-2020, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
OK. Those are too good. I revoke your shorttimer status.

LOL! Thank you!
Old 12-19-2020, 11:07 PM

The funny thing is I had JUST finished 2 quilts when you announced the VQW. I'm supposed to be starting an Ohio Star - I did 1 test block and it's good so I need to cut the rest of the fabric.

But instead I spent the day making 2 zipper pouches w quilting and a wine carrier. Really happy w the wine carrier- but mostly because I have a ton of canvas duck from various sources and I can sew a bunch of them and use it up!

I've tried making the hubster family cookie recipe twice now and failed both times. Need to go bat my eyelashes...
Old 12-20-2020, 02:51 AM

3:50 am in NM. Anyone else up ready to get started? Off to get coffee and biscotti to start my engines.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:02 AM

I managed to fix my batik quilt and get that out of the way. I appliqued over it and FMQ'd it the same as the other blocks. I've been agonising about it so I'm glad it's done.

For my next trick, I need to cut everything for the Merry Mayhem NYD quilt.

Watson
Attached Thumbnails img_2250.jpg   img_2249.jpg  
Old 12-20-2020, 03:09 AM

GM, Watson!
Old 12-20-2020, 04:52 AM

Glue basted third quilt. Fray checked threads for quilting on first quilt and now fast and easy straight line quilting on second lap quilt. When I have three quilts done will bind and wash/dry. Goal is 12 lap quilts done by end of Jan. I know. That's a tough goal but will try. DH and first wife lost a 2 year old to cancer. which is why I' I'm finally doing ttis. He is so supportive of this endeavor. I should have done this earlier but at least dong it now.
Old 12-20-2020, 06:11 AM

I am in a "pause" mode in my sewing room. Just finished helping a Granddaughter finish a project and now have cleaned up my sewing room as I know my daughter will want to use that space to wrap Christmas gifts. Will be watching what you all are doing though. Merry Christmas to all of you.
Old 12-20-2020, 12:31 PM

Spent some time hand quilting my Christmas quilt yesterday. Today was church and grocery shopping for Christmas. My my husband and I and our sons and their families have been quarantining for over a week and this week so that we could spend Christmas together. It will just be the 6 of us and the 2 grandkids. My husband even asked for a leave at his part time job so he could quarantine. Not that he saw many people. He is a greeter at a college and they have been virtual since Thanksgiving. He had given out 3 parking passes since he went back after Thanksgiving. He has been so bored that he has used up all our data on our phone plan last month.

Now I need to finish the Christmas ornaments I started last week. Need to make hats and scarves for the 3 inch snowmen I made.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:48 PM

Sewbizgirl--cute dress

Dedemac--did you finish your binding?

Watson--glad you were able to fix the batik quilt

Julienm1--{{{{hugs}}}}}

I finished my feathered star (December ufo) today. Its even quilted and bound. Unfortunately as I was binding it I realized three of the four corners were sewn on wrong. It was a class project from a guild workshop with Mary Huey a few years ago. I decided to not rip it apart, it will become a cat blanket which will make them happy. My goal in taking the class was to learn how to use the templates and make the feathered star. Those goals are accomplished so I'm happy.

Now I can catch up on a mystery quilt during the New Year's VQW!