Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020

Old 12-19-2020, 10:53 AM

Finished 2nd Ugly now Pretty lap quilt.
Glue basted one lap quilt and it's drying right now. Didn't have time to glue it last night so a little behind.
Organizing my formula sheets for special blocks such as flying geese, HST, etc.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
Happy Holidays everyone! I had a teeny tiny covid-style Christmas party with 2 of my quilting buddies earlier today. Like to freeze ourselves to death sitting in a garage with coats, hats and masks! It was fun though, I miss getting to sew with these special friends.
Japanese style table had low table with quilt all the way to floor and put heat source below table. At least feet and legs were warm. Maybe we could resurrect this method during covid gatherings and sit in the garage? I have a portable electric heater.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
I was frantic about 2 weeks ago in order to get these into the mail, but now I'm just frantic to know where they are since it's been 10 days (and yes, I've filed an inquiry already) and USPS just keeps showing "in transit"! Argh! The first group were only going 3 hrs away! The calf is a panel that I just quilted for wall hanging for brother-in-law that has given up his herd due to health; the female pole vaulter is for niece's daughter who is on pole vaulting scholarship to Wichita State Univ--decorated room with sunflowers. I used a picture of her that I had print shop enlarge and then did bused raw edge, other is just a table topper.
OK. Those are too good. I revoke your shorttimer status.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:14 PM

I am cleaning house and when I get done today I will be back in the sewing room. I had lots of 21/2 " sqs left from making those Christmas trees, where you fold the sq twice and use straight pins to put in a strifoam shaped tree. So I made 16 blocks that are 16 patch.They are all xmas fabric. Now I want to do sashing with corner stones to look like stars. Can someone tell me how to put the half sq on the sashing so it will come together like that. I have baking done and all gifts wrapped. I just made a cheese ball and it is chilling before I roll the pecans on. I have decorated the house and Bathroom a little more also. Thanks for hosting this VQW Julie.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:37 PM

Managed to get all my fabrics chosen for the Merry Mayhem NYD Mystery quilt and get 60 QST's done and a bunch of I'm-not-sure-what-you-call-them 3 1/2" squares made from strips for the Canadian Quilter's Association 40th Anniversary mystery that is going on right now.
I hope to get started on fixing my batik quilt this afternoon. The dye ran so I have to applique over the problem.

Watson
Attached Thumbnails img_2248.jpg   nydfabrics1.jpg  
Old 12-19-2020, 01:29 PM

I'm done for today. Been a wild ride. Keep loosing things: misting bottle (tipped over and fab fell on top. Really hard to find.), my glasses (fell under my chair hard do find glasses while not wearing glasses!), craft iron fell on carpeting (Yes we have a burn mark but at lease we were able to save the iron).

Going to fold fab for a while. Hopefully hard to screw that up
Old 12-19-2020, 03:33 PM

Thimblebug6000---glad you got the old name removed and new name on the stocking

quiltingshorttimer---I hope the packages arrive soon.

railroadersbrat---donating the project to the vet's office is a lovely gesture, I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Quiltah Mama---stay safe and I hope you're able to get a decent break soon. I have four nieces working long hours in nursing homes in NYS.

Julienm1---I hope tomorrow is a better day for you! Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed

I finished the clue for the Compass Start mystery quilt and laid out pieces for two blocks of the feathered star. Hopefully I'll get to that tomorrow afternoon but it is husband's birthday so not sure how much time I'll get in sewing room tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

No quilting today, but I got the house cleaned up in prep for putting up our Christmas tree. Yesterday I made a Christmas dress for granddaughter #1. Just a simple cotton dress to play in.

Attached Thumbnails img_0728.jpg  
Old 12-19-2020, 05:36 PM

Nice pictures, I've been making good progress on the binding, I only have a little over 4 feet left. I'm sure it will be finished tomorrow and maybe I'll be able to get pictures.
Old 12-19-2020, 06:10 PM

Well my batting showed up today, tomorrow I’ll be putting the layers together so I can get this quilt onto my floor frame. I did get some blocks done for my BH Unity quilt and a couple of leader/ender blocks done.
Attached Thumbnails e21897f8-142f-4333-b5e6-09550caa82ab.jpeg   c7cec8e0-f8e9-4728-9594-9958de05b7a8.jpeg