Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016

Old 12-15-2016, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Wishing all the best and a safe delivery for your DIL. She will be in my prayers this weekend. Please keep us posted on when the little grandchild is born
Thank you - I will!
Old 12-15-2016, 07:53 PM

I'm in--plan to finish these stockings tomorrow--struggled with the cuffs until I turned on my brain! And then need to see if my long arm is going to work--maybe having issues--sure hope not! Cause the other thing I need to get done before next Thurs is piecing lap size memory quilt for a customer--need to do 3 by end of Jan--only one cut out so far!
Old 12-15-2016, 08:12 PM

My Christmas sewing is done. I'll be working on Bonnie's mystery quilt. I decided to make a half size instead of quarter size. Still have to trim 16 of clue 2 and need to make 60 more of clue 1. I doubt that I'll get all of that done but it's on my to do list.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:26 PM

I'm in ......... hubby is after me to finish quilting his quilt so I'll be working on that. I'm at the half way point. And I should also be prepping some applique basket blocks (my forever project) since this Monday will be spent in doctors' waiting rooms. Hubby is in for cataract surgery and my oldest daughter will be having a MRI on her mid back, neck and head. Whee, I get to play taxi ........
Old 12-15-2016, 08:44 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I'm wishing this would give me the kick in the butt I need to get back into the studio after my foul up with basting my DD's quilt. It kind of pulled the desire rug out from under me. We'll see how I feel, how inspired I am, when I wake up tomorrow; hasn't been good so far this week.

Jan in VA
Old 12-16-2016, 02:20 AM

I thought I was done sewing for Christmas. Then I saw a post on microwave bowl potholders and decided I need to make a few as gifts. For my home too.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:52 AM

I'm working on a Grandmother's Flower Garden for someone. Their mother/gma started it and passed away before finishing it. I'm finishing it for her. It's already about 2/3 finished.

It's always so fun to see what folks are working on.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:43 AM

I'm done sewing for gifts, got a dozen tea towels shipped out. I'm rather tired of hemming edges now but have a couple to make for myself.
This weekend I'd really like to finish up a few 9-patches and then I'll be ready to start assembling my scrap quilt. I'm excited to start the next project but am disciplining myself to finish the one I"m on, no space to have multiple WIP here.
Next week I'm taking vacation and the week after is shut-down, so I have a couple of weeks of staycation! Looking forward to lots of sewing and cooking.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:36 AM

Of fun!

I started the morning cutting up batiks for a jewel box quilt. I have to be honest and say I'm not really a fan of batiks. I bought a lot of 1/2 yard and fat quarters for the AOH quilt, (way, way more than I needed) and after working with them a bit, I just don't like it. So I've had four small totes filled with batiks - and yesterday found the Jewel Box pattern, and decided it would be the perfect use for some of them.

I'm also cutting off chunks to send to a friend that likes them.

BH's clue 4 is out, so another item to work on.

But mostly - I need to spend quality time with my HQ. Last Sunday I spent all day putting together backings for all the floppies I had. I didn't think it would take all day, but I also did not realize I had 20 floppies! Some qualify as UFO's, so they get priority. Many I'll do an all over computer design, so they will go fast. I'll save the ones I want to do FM for later.

We also have a major winter storm coming in (8" of snow), so DH and I are ready to be stuck at home for several days. We live rural, and it's very likely the County won't get around to plowing the roads until Monday. We have a 3/4 ton 4x4 if we need to get to town. We're only 5 miles off the highway, and that does get plowed a lot sooner than the dirt roads.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:43 AM

I don't think I'll be quilting this weekend but I might make myself a little cotton top. I found this cute pattern a couple years ago at quilt fest. It had a box pleat in the front and when I made a sample out of old fabric, I couldn't get the pleat to hang straight (often a problem with pleats in the front of tops). I really like the collar and neckline of the top and was trying to figure out what to do when I saw a pic in a catalog of a top just like it without a pleat! I thought "Why didn't I think of that?" I pinned the pleat together on the sample and I can still get it over my head easily so I decided to take a quilting break and make this cute little top.