Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016

Old 12-16-2016, 07:26 AM

What good timing!! Our weather forecast is for a very very snowy weekend. I blew out the driveway yesterday and went into town for essentials. We will probably be snowed in by Saturday morning. I have a double batch of baked beans slowly cooking in the oven--smells heavenly already--and a batch of peppernuts ready to roll and freeze.

I have to finish hand sewing the binding on DD's quilt. I've been procrastinating. I also have about 3 hours work to do on a QOV top, and I would really really like to start on a giraffe baby quilt. Altho I'm wondering if I should do the Elephant one instead. Both patterns are from Sew Fresh Designs (here's a link to her Etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/SewFreshQuilts ) She was a speaker at our guild in autumn. Love her clean designs. The baby quilt needs to get done asap--baby is due Jan 2!!
Old 12-16-2016, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by MFord View Post
I also want to make, or buy and personalize, a stocking for my son's GF, who is Jewish. We're celebrating both Christmas and Hanukkah this year. I need to think about cooking next week!
Does she celebrate Christmas as well? Hanukkah falls quite late this year. Are you cooking both days or preparing dishes that you can enjoy for each?
Old 12-16-2016, 08:27 AM

I am wrapping the table runners for my 8 friends and trying to get in touch with all of them to meet next week on different days....hope the weather holds. Also, finishing the binding on a full quilt 90" x 105" that is red/white/blue on one side and Christmas quilt on the other side. Whew!!!
Old 12-16-2016, 09:07 AM

Yes, I'll be quilting this week-end. I'm working on Elizabeth Hartman's Lepidoptera Butterfly Quilt:[h=1]https://www.etsy.com/listing/463840728/robert-kaufman-fabrics-elizabeth-hartman?ref=related-3[/h]Not a whole lot, I have packages to wrap....but maybe in the middle of the night, when it is quiet, I will sew. Crinkling paper and noisy scotch tape don't do well when others are sleeping.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:50 AM

Jane - that is an awesome pattern! Adding to my bucket list!
Old 12-16-2016, 09:51 AM

Update on DIL - her labs came back normal so the doctor will see her at her regular appointment on the 22nd unless her blood pressure gets too high. No more working for her, that should help!

So back to sewing Clue 4 of En Provence for me!
Old 12-16-2016, 10:09 AM

SarahBethie, I don't really know what we're doing just yet. The kids have been enjoying sunny Mexico for the last 10 days (grrr!) and we haven't talked. The GF (Becca) has celebrated Christmas with us the last two years, but this is the first time Hanukkah has fallen so close to Christmas and we want to include her celebration as well. I hope she will do some cooking, and I will do some, and we'll worry about our waistlines next year!
Old 12-16-2016, 10:31 AM

I'll be making a pair of pajama pants for 6 year old GS. Found out GD's boyfriend will be here for Christmas this year, and didn't have enough flannel (bought last year on sale) for the additional pair. So found 4 matching pairs (at $8 each!!) for them (adult sizes) so bought an XL to use as fabric for the little one. They, of course, are not as well made as mine would have been, but they are wrapped already. Hope everyone accomplishes everything that they hope to. I think the weather is definitely going to make us want to stay in and sew!!

Linda in Missouri
Old 12-16-2016, 10:36 AM

Bought flannel on sale last year for matching pajama pants for the grandkids. It is expected now, and they always enjoy it. Granddaughter's boyfriend is coming this year, and I am short on fabric, so I went shopping yesterday and bought them! Had to buy an extra pair to use as fabric for youngest. That is what I will be working on this week-end.

Linda in Missouri
Old 12-16-2016, 10:38 AM

Sorry about the duplication -- thought I had deleted instead of posting.

Linda in MO