Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016

Old 12-17-2016, 12:20 AM

I had a very productive day. I woke around 4 a.m. and started to tidy and reorganize my space. I made a lot of progress and the heater will arrive early next week. We're expecting negative temperatures on Sunday, but I think I'll play with my light pad and watch a Craftsy class. Once the heater arrives I'll be in sewing bliss.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:27 AM

Well, we've both had the cold from hell all week, so I haven't gotten anything done in my sewing studio. Woke up feeling a little better so I might get to work on either a UFO I'd like to have finished before 2017 or another candle wreath (those things are addictive).

Rob
Old 12-17-2016, 05:28 AM

I just finished layering two lap quilts and am ready to quilt them! So I will spend this cold, icy weekend deciding what oatterns to use to quilt them! Hopefully I will get one of them quilted and ready for binding!
Old 12-17-2016, 06:19 AM

I guess I won't be joining you. Last night I had 2 grandkids for overnight. They're still here but parents will be picking them up soon. I'm having our family Christmas here tomorrow so will be preparing food and cleaning. I am caught up on the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt. Printed out the instructions for this coming week and will start on that Monday. After tomorrow my time is my time so will get to sew and get clue 4 done. Enjoy your quilting weekend.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:17 AM

I'll be at a sewing today working on DIL quilt getting it pinned and also working on Bonnie Hunters MQ En Province.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:25 AM

Glad to see so many of you hard at work! I had a great time shopping with my friend yesterday. We stopped at three shops and helped the local economy a little We had planned to pay with my Brother Scan N Cut but it apparently doesn't cut with a cutting mat!!!! so I ordered one from amazon and it will arrive tomorrow. So today I am working on Lollipops by Edyta Sitar. Will check back in later to see what everyone is doing.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:47 AM

Having machine stitched the inner border of my Dresden and baste stitched the edges and having caught up with all the Splendid blocks to date, I will now get back to working on my blue batik SaS! So much fun with the some new batiks I've bought just for it!
Enjoy everyone!
Old 12-17-2016, 09:51 AM

Started the morning cutting up scraps. I now have 1 1/2" strips - 64 yards long. I need 85 yards' worth for the log cabin pattern I want to do. I'll probably have to cut into yardage to finish that up - the good part is that goes so much faster!

Then I sewed clue #4 on the BH mystery, so that one can be set aside until next weekend.

I really should bundle up and head out to the long arm - but it's COLD out there. -3 right now, with the temps dropping, forecast for -27 tonight, and that is cold! We keep the thermostat set around 45, and I turn it up when I'm working out there. It's not going to stay cold, and there is always next weekend, and it's not like I don't have things to work on in my sewing room.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:59 AM

I have a jelly roll queen size ready for the quilting frame, and one for a youth bed. I'll probably do the youth bed first. I'm working on some ideas for some quick Christmas gifts as well.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
I had a great time shopping with my friend yesterday. We stopped at three shops and helped the local economy a little We had planned to pay with my Brother Scan N Cut but it apparently doesn't cut with a cutting mat!!!!
Took me a minute to figure out this was a typo... I thought you were talking about printing your own money and cutting it with your Brother Scan and Cut. LOL!