Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016

Old 12-17-2016, 09:05 PM

Just found this thread. I have stitched all the blocks together for my shadow box. Now to decide on the border. I also cut blocks for a blue rag quilt and have 2 1/2 rows stitched together on it. I would like to finish that and maybe make a pink one. I also want to start a quiet book. Probably won't all happen this weekend. Thankfully, I have 3 weeks off.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:12 PM

here are the finished stockings for kids and grandboys! What a pain they turned out to be--but like the results. Also spend time on this memory quilt for a customer---have all the snowball blocks together (7 rows of 6) and put together all the cut off points and will use them for borders on one of the 2 others left to do. Still worried that I'll be out of fabric before I finish all 3. At this point, plan on getting fabric to use for binding for all 3--the shirts were so terrible worn that to thin for binding and the pants fabric is all a cotton/poly with stretch![ATTACH=CONFIG]563951[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]563951[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]563952[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1040580.jpg   p1040578.jpg  
Old 12-18-2016, 04:26 AM

Cute stockings!

Watson
Old 12-18-2016, 06:50 AM

Giquilt - I'm doing the 365 challenge too! I'm caught up to the 14th. I didn't use the Iris corner block for the main quilt, but wanted to make it anyway. So that is what I did yesterday.

I'm going scrappy lights and darks, but when I made the center medalion I sort of go stuck on purple/turquoise. And after getting it made, decided it wasn't working with the rest. So a month or so later I made a new center, and then decided to make some 6" blocks to go with the p/t center.

I made the Iris in those colors, and decided I liked it better for a center than the original. So this morning I've deconstructed the first center I did, and will be redoing it with the Iris, then I'll sew the 6" blocks around it, and call it good. I'll be turning it on point, not quite sure how I'll do that yet.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:29 AM

So many wonderful things you are all working on. I don't want to feel left out but I just finished my Christmas mug rugs and got them mailed out yesterday along with gift cards and hot chocolate. That counts right? The mailing is just as important as the making right?

Other than that I just finished my "Quilt Party" block for the meeting on Tues and the one for me that I will turn into a pillow of the same pattern. It's a really cute pieced snowflake. I should take a pic huh?

So after I wrap my dresden plate hotpads I can get back to hand quilting my ornament tree quilt. It's too big for me to do by machine. Guess it will be my winter project. I had won all the ornament blocks (I think 30?) last year and finished the top right away but it has been waiting to be sandwiched. I got a little discouraged after it was pin basted because it's slightly crooked looking on the back but I had planned to put the one block that was a bit too small on the back so hopefully it will not look too off now. Either way it's onward I go with it and hopefully it will be fine. It's for us so who cares?!

Now to finish the cookies so I can get back to sewing. Have fun everyone! And Merry Christmas!
Old 12-18-2016, 10:38 AM

some progress pictures - Here is my deconstructed medallion with the new center.

For reference - here is the medallion before I took it apart.

I used this for the ripping. I don't use it often, but it comes in handy when I've got some long seams to take out.

I got it all sewed back together - I like this so much better!

After laying it out on the diagonal with the 6" block I already made, I decided to make some 3" blocks so the setting triangles won't be so big. I picked easier ones that have a "star" look - and have most of the 14 cut out and ready to sew.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

I hope to get some sewing time in today. Stopped by the LQS yesterday and found the perfect border fabric and backing for the Quatre Foile I got going right now. All the rows are done and I am on to the sashing strips and assembly next. It is such a fun pattern - I love it. (Got the idea from Jenny Doan on one of her tutorials.)

With laundry running and DH batting eyes at me to make him some cookies......I better work fast.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:01 PM

Default Quilt top done!

I just got the top done for the lap quilt I'm making my mom for Christmas. Luckily I have time to finish it before I'll see her on New Year's Day. I had one charm pack of a Christmas print by Moda and then I found a yard of coordinating fabric for the border and another yard of a neutral with snowflakes. It's a disappearing 9-patch; the first time I've tried it. I have a blue/gray print for the backing.

The progress is amazing on some of these quilts.

I'm done for the weekend and I'm going to enjoy some hot cocoa to celebrate my hard work.
Attached Thumbnails 20161218_143556_resized.jpg  
Old 12-18-2016, 02:04 PM

Nice work everyone! Just finished my En Provence clue 4 units. We also put a small television in my sewing room today - I am one happy girl!
Old 12-18-2016, 02:09 PM

Default Caught up thru 12/15

[ATTACH=CONFIG]564024[/ATTACH]The blue and white Ts (20) took 5 hrs. The rest done about an hour each. Each block is 6.5 inches.

Macebaby, Wow you did two Iris blocks? I'm impressed !!! That took me about 12-14 hrs total.
As u can see I am using Reproduction fabrics. I know Fran36 is also doing the quilt. Wonder if any others? Love your colors👍🏻😄
Attached Thumbnails img_6464.jpg