Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
walmart yippy >

walmart yippy

walmart yippy

Old 07-07-2011, 03:42 PM

Our walmarts do not have fabric. I wish they would bring it back. I spent a lot of money at walmart when they had fabric. I dont' even visit their craft area anymore.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:55 PM

Here's what my Wal-Mart looks like tonight. Pretty good.

This pic is upside down - oops.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222637[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-222631.jpe   attachment-222632.jpe  
Old 07-08-2011, 09:00 AM

WOW! Wish my Massachusetts Walmart had material like this.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110
I have 3 walmarts within 30 min or less from my house. 1 has always had fabric....
Don't say that too loud - or Walmart will hear you and take away your fabric ... SHHHHHH.....
Old 07-08-2011, 11:34 AM

I was encouraged by the news of the return of fabric at Walmart only to be let down! The Walmart in MA a few miles away has no fabric-looked at me like I was nuts for looking and asking! The one in my town has a couple of dozen fabrics folded around a cardboard square. I would have to but the entire stock to make a baby blanket! And I was told they had yarn-looks like leftovers from a fire sale-no red, navy etc just a few of unpopular colors. Not to be discouraged, I went to Michael's this morning for pink, baby yarn. O silly me, the yarn dept. looks like it had been attacked ! I left there with nothing too. Very discouraging! Since Walmart has put all the LQS and fabric stores out of business, we really have nothing.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Joanne
I was encouraged by the news of the return of fabric at Walmart only to be let down! The Walmart in MA a few miles away has no fabric-looked at me like I was nuts for looking and asking! The one in my town has a couple of dozen fabrics folded around a cardboard square. I would have to but the entire stock to make a baby blanket! And I was told they had yarn-looks like leftovers from a fire sale-no red, navy etc just a few of unpopular colors. Not to be discouraged, I went to Michael's this morning for pink, baby yarn. O silly me, the yarn dept. looks like it had been attacked ! I left there with nothing too. Very discouraging! Since Walmart has put all the LQS and fabric stores out of business, we really have nothing.

JOIN the CROWD the same here where I live!! They came in and everyone thought it was great, well winthin 5 yrs or less all of the smaller owned stores were gone, then they choose to take out so many things that we all need. WE have to travel 85 miles 1 way now to get so many things that we always had here in town.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:47 PM

THIS IS GREAT FOR U. OUR REGULAR WALMART'S DO NOT HAVE FABRIC BUT THE SUPER WALMART DOES AND LOTS. I WAS TOLD NOT TO BUY THERE BUT AT THE Q. STORE AND BETTER BUT I HAVE SEEN SOME FABRICS THERE IN THE Q. STORE AS WELL. I LIKE THEIR FABRIC, ANY REASON NOT TO USE IT REALLY:::THEIR PRICE IS GREAT....ANY COMMENTS......LOVE THE INFO....
Old 07-09-2011, 05:11 PM

Just in a nearby Walmart today, and their fabric line is growing.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:12 AM

my walmart is getting fabric back to, they have the cutting table up and the shelves to . So happy the pre-cuts are on sale to. Barb
Old 07-10-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by lue
Is the quality as good as LQS or is it more Joanne's quality?
My walmart never lost their bolted fabrics! But I can see that they are getting new stuff in all the time. The prices vary from store to store, depending if there is any competition. You do have to watch what you get as there are some very low quality fabrics, FQ's mostly. But you will find that everywhere. I am seeing batiks and collections....some are great quality for $5, some are less quality....and I always check the clearance tables.....I can get great buys for $2-3/yd. If I had to depend on LQS for fabrics to quilt, I would never be able to afford to make any!